Designers and testers appreciation post

I don’t have a ton of testing experience here, due to the often mentioned daughter of mine… But I’ve had the pleasure of testing for a few people and have not had any issues so far (and thankfully Ribblr was so understanding on my delay on my wrap top)… I’ve also only conducted 2 tests so far and can say that both of them went well… Some testers communicated amazingly and the rest communicated well enough :blush:
It’s been great watching all the tests that have occurred and seeing this community helping each other

15 Likes

I have been so blessed to have had great testers but I want to express my heartfelt thanks to one tester in particular. @wendywo745 has been there for me from my day one as a Ribblr newbie. She’s kept me on my toes and her input has been instrumental in my quest to publish patterns that people like and want to acquire.

Sandi

16 Likes

Yay! @Wendywo745

12 Likes

Wow! :smiling_face_with_tear: Thank you so much for your kind words.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s wonderful to know that I’m actually helping!

12 Likes

files under: threads that warm you from your head to your toes

I’ve been incredibly fortunate to work with so many awesome designers on a multitude of projects. Like a few others have mentioned, many of my makes are from pattern tests. When I began applying for tests, I just wanted to offer my help, but I actually have received so much more in return - knowledge and friendship and inspiration.

Thank you to anyone who has entrusted me with their designs. :revolving_hearts:

Special shout out to the lovely Winter for creating this topic and for being one of those wonderful designers I have been lucky to work with. You were so openminded and flexible throughout the process, and it was really clear how much thought and care went into the development of your pattern, starting with choosing testers from various backgrounds/sizes/skill levels. I appreciated the way you would check in and encourage us, working with us to find solutions. I felt incredibly seen and appreciated working on those granny shorts. Although I’ve never designed a pattern, I know from working with you on other projects that you’re also a fantastic tester - prompt and giving great suggestions. :heartpulse:

There are many others who have been mentioned here already, but I also want to acknowledge @seasonaldoodles, @arielcrochets, @highlanderscrochet, @noelebelle
and @brikoba who were incredibly receptive to changes and maintained a really positive testing environment with larger groups of testers. @substitutemilk was the biggest cheerleader working on Mushu and was a fantastic tester to work alongside with on other designs! Simiarly, it was a delight to work on the vase from @HookedByMarilyn because there was just a great energy in that group, with much idea sharing, fostered in no small part by our designer. :revolving_hearts: @poppysmicks was one of the very first designers I got to work with and it remains one of my best experiences, so thank you, Nadine!

I’ll stop gushing for now, but please know, designers: you and your creativity are appreciated, even if it isn’t said enough. And to fellow testers I’ve worked with, it has been a pleasure creating with you!

19 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words :heart: I appreciate all the hard work that went into your test and how communicative and helpful you were. You’re an amazing tester! And we also had the chance to test together other designers patterns as well and you’re always so fun to work with :blush:

16 Likes

:pleading_face:

Thank you so much for the sweet sentiments (and for starting this thread); I’m glad to hear I was any help at all. :relaxed:

15 Likes

wow!! tysm for the acknowledgement :sob: :sob: i’m still very new to pattern designing and managing tester calls so it means a lot to me that you had a good experience :blue_heart:

17 Likes

I’ve said it before, you are a testing superstar!
Oh My God Reaction GIF by 9Now

13 Likes

I would never have guessed! You handled it all like a seasoned pro, and I’m pretty sure we all felt that way in our sweet little group. :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

I forgot to mention this in my initial post :woman_facepalming:, but @anon5108995 I’ve learned SO MUCH just from the couple of projects I’ve worked on with you (not to mention your informative contributions to other topics). One of the things I enjoy about fiber arts is learning new techniques and stitches, and I felt like working on those designs expanded my knowledge, challenged me in a good way, and helped me grow as a crocheter, so thank you for those experiences!

13 Likes

now it’s my turn to gush
I have loved the whole testing process. I love sharing the knowledge and watching other crafters grow, and in turn keeping myself sharp by answering questions and finding better ways to explain things
I’m happy that others get a chance to stretch their skills and maybe revive older traditions in the craft.
And I can not say this enough, testers are doing the designers a favor, not the other way around.
Lastly, seeing the results of my patterns having been reimagined by another crafter is a real gas and worth the effort of corralling all you creatives into one project.

13 Likes

Aww!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much. You’re so sweet! And it’s always a pleasure working with you.

11 Likes

I had all my patterns tested a couple of years ago (it’s been a while since there was a new one) and my testers were amazing at picking out mistakes etc.

Unfortunately I never had them retested when I moved over to ribblr and some amazing, darling talents have found so many mistakes that I am ashamed they have been live for a year.

Thank you so much for helping me to improve. Big love to you all. Xxx @Mentaldee @Wendywo745 @anoswaldoddity @dziowana @CroTreyCreates @chroniclesofyarnia @AlainaRae @Immzie236 amongst others. You are legends. Xx

14 Likes

thank you for sharing them :heartbeat: you’re very tallented :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to test for you.

9 Likes

Love that meme!’

9 Likes

Ya know, you’ve been great too! @craftsbyKarla

9 Likes

I’ll give a shoutout to my fav designers @Ribblr @brikoba @SammichStitches @TexasPurl @LDSVenus @knottedupinstring @anon5108995 @lir @stichedbysisters @Stitchnotes and many more!
i think you are all great at designing.

15 Likes

Awwww tysm I rlly appreciate this, you don’t know how much this comment means to me :heart::

9 Likes