Did you get your gifted pattern?

I conducted 2 tests for which I’ve yet to be gifted the pattern.
@sleepyscrochets- however this user name is no longer in database.
Skull Beanie

@countingstitches- user name is also no longer in database
Cat Butt Coasters

Do anyone get theirs?

10 Likes

Well that stinks.

7 Likes

Not everyone gives the pattern even if you test for them. I have had a few not give the pattern.

7 Likes

One of those things that should be clearly spelled out beforehand.

10 Likes

I have got the patterns I have tested every time

I was even lucky enough to get an extra thank you pattern from one of the designers xx

9 Likes

Is this the same skull beanie I tested too or another one?

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing

5 Likes

Yeah, i get it a lot on ribblr and it kinda goes against the tester/designer standard benefits.
I test so I can help a designer and get early access to a pattern
I get testers so I can have a better written pattern.
If I get my pattern tested and improved, the testers should always get their benefit of the pattern available to them.

11 Likes

Yep, same skull beanie.

5 Likes

Well, I HAVE tested and did Not get gifted a pattern.
“It wasn’t in the tester call”.
So people don’t assume anything, they call for testers, you need to ask what you get in return if anything.,

8 Likes

Yeah, the assumption is what tripped me up. I keep forgetting to ask when trying new patterns though. I’m just so used to access to pattern being the normal exchange. It’s frustrating for me to forget so much :face_exhaling:

7 Likes

Unfortunately I think this is another situation of “anyone thinks they can be a designer” so they don’t know the “standard practice”… The other potential issue is being an international site, what may be standard on some countries may not be in others…

Unfortunately, in Debi’s situation, I worry that this is a case of another example of taking advantage of the “new and rapidly growing” platform :pensive::pensive:
Yes, having clear understanding of requirements and benefits at the beginning is important, but when an account is no longer active, it raises some flags :woman_shrugging:t3:
Sorry @anoswaldoddity for the trouble you incurred from this :sob:

5 Likes

The person changed their username to @sleepyphot0 !

I think I was still assigned as tester but I removed myself since my list was starting to get clogged up with finished projects loll

4 Likes

The Cat Butt Coasters graciously got back to me when I emailed them a couple of days ago and did gift me the pattern.
I was surprised at ones designer’s response (a different one) when I pointed out that I had not been gifted the pattern.

I really wanted that skull beanie pattern.

Ok, live and learn people!

7 Likes

Wow, when I asked the person about gifting it to me after testing. It was removed from my testing area.
I just don’t understand.

3 Likes

i was gonna say that

4 Likes

Great! I’ll try I contacting that person at that user name. Thanks Winter!

4 Likes

I did get back to OP about it but I did want to just come in here too and just say that this was my first time writing and testing a pattern so I wasn’t even actually fully aware of the gifting thing, plus, I thought that leaving the users as testers for the pattern, they could still access them. I fully intended on the testers having full and permanent access to the pattern and I have now gifted it to all of them. I also haven’t opened the app in a few days because of stuff happening in my life or I would’ve definitely gotten back to this sooner so, for that and the misunderstanding, I do apologize, but I still do hope that this community will be willing to work with me with any new patterns I test on here :pleading_face::two_hearts:

9 Likes

The reason we gift patterns is because a lot of us test so often we end up with a very long list :sweat_smile: I know that I myself have forgotten to gift some of my testers who are still assigned as testers.

If this is the case of anyone let me know and I will correct the situation!

6 Likes

Of course we will work with you! :heart::heart::heart:

First, I needed to see if anyone else had the problem, might have just been me.
And, I had no idea you changed your user name. So calling out for assistance helped identify that.
And @Winternightmare had a point our tester tab can get cluttered and full.

Last, thank you for handling this with grace. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes