disability awareness

so i want to know who else here is disabled, i have diagnosed ADHD, i have autisim as well. i also have depression that affects my day to day life as well as my anxiety. i want to make friends who are also disabled like me!! invisable, visable, or anything else, i want to get to know you!!

28 Likes

Hoii, im autistic too. I was late diagnosed so i got anxiety and depression too. I had to take a break from school to work on my mental health, and hopefully ill get back next semester <3
Atleast i have loads of time for crafts lol

11 Likes

Hiiiiii! Me! PoTs, hEDS, T1D, vestibular migraines, PTSD and anxiety. I’ve been off school for a while but gradually getting back into it. If you ever need to chat lemme know :)))

11 Likes

yeah!! i crochet during school to deal with sensory overloads and to help me focous, allthough this has caused me to have wrist pain lol

10 Likes

i would love to be friends!!!

8 Likes

Yee, i liked crocheting at school too, but i got yelled at for not paying attention… even tho i was

Since i had to take a break from school, i went to a neuropsychologist and did a bunch of tests. And now i have a bunch of school accommodations so now my teachers cant be mad at me kekeke

9 Likes

that’s awesome!!! some teachers dont care about that though, so you need to be aware of your rights and your resources

9 Likes

Hi! I have diagnosed ADHD but I am starting to learn just a little bit more about the spectrum of Autism and wonder if that’s me too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy to connect!

11 Likes

hi!! im excited to connect with you as well!!

9 Likes

I have SAD (Social anxiety disorder) it effects me a lot in a day. I also have diagnosed bipolar, people need to understand that I’m not faking it. I’ve had people tell me that I’m faking my anxiety. I even had a substitute in math that wouldn’t let me go to the wellness center or the counseling office when I was having an anxiety attack. She just kept saying that I was faking it. People need to be more understanding. I luckily haven’t had anything near my experiences with others on ribblr. It’s such a supportive community.

10 Likes

I have autism and adhd as well . I also have DID , chronic pain, ocd , anxiety, c-ptsd and depression .

8 Likes

You’ll find several of us here
Personality I have
POTS, hEDS, RA, SFN, chronic Lyme Disease, migraine, GAD, depression, and I think I’m forgetting something(s) (because several of these give me brain fog and memory loss)

8 Likes

Ello! I happened to have depression and anxiety for a few years now. I’m currently working on a diagnostic for my seizures and figuring out other health problem I have.

9 Likes

Hello i have found my way here to my new home. I have Minor OCD. Social anxiety. Depression. Signs of autism or something. I had an eating didorder and i have SAD(sesonal attention disorder). Physically i have heart problems. Asthma and i get really bad dizzy spells and feel like im going to faint. I am always here for you as i am sure most other people in this community are. I would live to be a friend who is here if you ever need to talk. There is always someone out there who can help. Stay safe <3

8 Likes

The only major one I have diagnosedish is EDS, but that’s just because my doctors still can’t figure out what else is wrong with me.
Everything is invisible which is both unfortunate and fortunate ://
As y’all know, always down to talk (as awkward as I may be lol) about anything! :]

8 Likes

im showing signs of ADHD, and social anxiety, but im not sure if i have it

5 Likes

Hey friend!! :purple_heart: I’m also pretty bogged down with disorders/disease as well. Ulcerative Colitis, depression/anxiety, ADHD, & possibly narcolepsy but it’s yet to be diagnosed. :melting_face: I’m just an overly emotional blob trying to crochet away my stress. :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkles:

7 Likes

Hi there! I have Crohn’s disease, cPTSS, Dysthymia (chronic depression light) and am a HSP (highly sensitive person). I started crochet to get me through long hours in the hospital and it really stuck with me :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m not able to work due to the Crohn’s and am living off a disability pay. And to spend the time every day, I’m crafting a lot! Crochet, knitting, sewing, making felt creations and a bunch more hobbies are on my list of skills I’ve obtained over the years. I don’t have friends in real life because I’m mostly housebound, but I love talking to like-minded people online, share pictures of creations etc. I just discovered Ribblr and I’m feeling like a kid in a candy store! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

i crochet to cope with my stress as well!!

7 Likes

when i found this websight i was really excited!! i realised that i could talk to others on here and i was over the moon with excitement!!

9 Likes