Doily i found at thrift shop

I bought this doily at the thrift shop yesterday for 0.25 cents!! :heart_eyes: I wish i knew who made it so i could tell them how much i love it. i find this sooooo pretty i had to share and if anyone knows the pattern please link it so others can make it + id make another version but in pink for myself lol

22 Likes

I love it!! It would be so cute in a pale rose shade​:heart_eyes::yarn:

7 Likes

Oh wow, that looks so lovely, I can’t believe you got it for 25¢!

5 Likes

Back when I was a kid, everyone’s grandmother had at least one of those!
Hang on, I’ll find the pattern

8 Likes

I actually got it part of a deal, it was in a basket full of doilies with a sign saying 2 for 0.25 cents but my other one is in the wash right now, i might post it also, later :sweat_smile: such a good buy

5 Likes

Im new to the internet and cant figure out how to reverse image but i know its a thing!

3 Likes

Right?! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That does sound like a good buy! I’ll need to visit my local thrift shops more :smile:

3 Likes

Figures it would be on purple kitty, they are my go to for vintage patterns
https://freevintagecrochet.com/doily-patterns/star80/rose-doily-pattern

8 Likes

Btw I found the name! It’s a traditional victorian rose motif crochet pattern I believe! Or something similar

3 Likes

Yay thank you SOO much! I appreciate you finding the link, They even have the pink version, i love that website for all vintage patterns

3 Likes

Ooo thanks for the pattern link! I definitely want to try this as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Bless you thank youuuu :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

1951 pattern, thank youuuuu

3 Likes

I use purple kitty all the time, mostly for “inspired by” creations since I don['t like working other people’s patterns, but always check there before paying for a “vintage” crochet pattern, because A MASSIVE amount of folks copy those patterns and sell them as their own

3 Likes

I just want to say i love your new daphne socks you posted, i dont think i could comment on a listong so ill tell you here lol

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I also found some sellers on etsy KnittyDebby and annalaia are selling the pattern aswell :hibiscus: (i know some people like ad free versions) :grinning:

2 Likes

The point was that it’s a readily available free pattern and has been for decades, that they took and are making money off of it may not break the law or rules, but it’s certainly tacky

4 Likes

There are beautiful things! Thanks for sharing the link.

3 Likes