edited fanfic- but sweet!

hey yall! enjoy some mini fanfic I wrote that i changed the names of because there are a certain group of people attached to this fandom that I would… rather not attract :sob:
enjoy!

for additional context, theyre all about… mid thirties in this story?

——

Declan:
i’m here for it but i thought you finished being petty after hs???

Ad:
you would think so. dear old dad never cut me off the card though. his loss (:

Declan:
Why is your smiley backwards :D?

Ad:
it can be, don’t judge

Declan:
Ok then, Fuller. Whatever you want.

——

Adsen sets his phone down beside him on the bed, covering his red hot face with his hand. Exhaling with just a bit to try and regulate his face’s temperature.
It was just Declan! Why on Earth was he getting so damn worked up??

——

Declan threw his phone down against the headboard, startling Painter, who flipped him off from the air mattress on the floor.
“Could you shut the hell up?” He grumbled, prying an eye open.
“It’s my house so no!” Declan laughed, but it was very apparent his heart wasn’t in it.
“Whatever. Why’re you throwing your phone anyways. Why aren’t you asleep actually? It’s fckin 3am.” Painter grumbled, sitting up on the bed.
“Nothing!” His face flushed a bit of a brighter red. “Don’t ask me about my personal life, shouldn’t you be figuring out how to get un-kicked out of your house so you can go back and, you know, leave my
house?”
“Meh. Once he’s done scheming with Mala and Deshi, he’ll let me back in surely.” Painter held his hand up in the moonlight streaming through the window, letting it catch the wedding band on his finger. “I mean hopefully-“
“Sure he will.” Declan sighed, glad the focus was off him.
“What about you? Found anyone yet?”
Ok clearly not.
Declan choked a bit, face getting even pinker as he shook his head, his black curls falling in front of his face. “Nope!”
“Damn. Well, that’s a problem.”
“How is that a problem?? Sorry, I don’t exactly have the time for dating between, you know, fighting and being in the hospital.” Declan threw a pillow at Painter’s head.
“So? Find someone who gets that. I mean that’s what I did and we weren’t even heroes yet, and look where we ended up! Besides, I have connections.” Painter hit the pillow, sending it into the wall.
“I am not letting you set me up.”
“Why not? Clearly I have good taste.”
Painter kept going on and on, but Declan’s phone was blowing up, so he picked it up and smiled, seeing it was Fuller again.

Ad:
spending my dad’s money is a good pastime.
speaking of, anything you want from amazon before i make this order?
hello?
Dec?
hello???
you there?
if you went to bed thats ok, talk tomorrow?

Declan smiled. Clearly Adsen thought he’d gone to bed while talking. How he could do so while smiling so much?

“-or Nols, you did always like her- hey, nerd, are you even listening?” Painter paused his listing of current heroes Declan could date to wave a hand in his face, making him look up from his phone.

“Hello?” Painter stared dead into Declan’s unfocused eyes, and slowly realized what was going on, breaking out in a grin. “Who you smiling at??”

“huh?” Declan focused, looking at Painter’s split smile face. “Oh! No one, nothing, don’t worry about it!!”
He waved his hands, but his face was bright red.

“Mhm.”
In a swift motion, Painter lunged up and hit Declan’s upper arm, getting his phone to fall and grabbing it.

Declan made a strangled noise, attempting to get it back, but Painter kept scrolling up and reading, keeping out of his reach.

His face went from confusion, to recognition, to amusement, to a knowing smirk.

“Or Adsen. He’s a valid option.”

“WHAT?!” Declan bled even redder, staggering a moment as Painter threw his phone back.

“Oh please, Declan. Don’t tell me you’re that fckin stupid” Painter just sighed. “Even the media is eating you two up, do you ever see Twitter after you fight together???”

“I- what??”

“You like him, don’t you??” Painter gave Declan a knowing smirk, suppressing a laugh.

“I-“

“I mean you could’ve chosen a few better options but I already took the best one, sorry bout that.” Painter continued, despite Declan’s state.

“Wha- Paint!” Declan flopped back on his bed, hand running down his face.

“Seriously.” Painter’s voice went steely, and Declan looked up to see it flat with a soft smile, something only seen on Painter when talking about his husband or his job as a teacher, namely his kid’s achievements. “Go for it.”

“What- what are you talking about?”

“Cmon.” He smiled a bit more, sighing. “He’s perfect. You already know eachother, you both clearly like eachother, you get each other, and most importantly, he knows what it’s like. And he always has. Apart from me, you, and
Mr. Hitashi, he probably knows you the best.” Painter set a hand on Declan’s leg, tilting his head a bit. “So just go for it.”

——

Ad:
talk tomorrow?

Declan:
Hey yeah sorry, Paint’s at my house cause Milo kicked him out again to plot
got distracted

Ad:
ah
wait since when were they living together

Declan:

Adsen they’re married
you
YOU WERE AT THE WEDDING?

Ad:
oh
my bad

Declan:
yep-

——

“I cannot believe he forgot that”
Painter groaned. “Stop talking about my love life, or anything else really. Please for all our sakes just do it!”

“Fine! Ok, jeez.”

——
Declan:
hey
Can I ask you something?

Ad:
yeah shoot man

Declan:
ok
First off I had a great time catching up tonight, it was great talking to you again

——

Adsen set his phone down smiling yet again. Understatement of the century.

—-
Ad:
yeah me too

Declan:
so
That being said
I

——

“oh my gosh I’m gonna be sick.” Declan held his head in his hands.

“Do it or I will”

“Nope!”

——

Declan:
that being said
Um
Would you…
Would you want to go out next tuesday?

——

Painter let out a loud holler, meanwhile Declan just flopped backwards, face burning red.

——

Adsen sat there, blinking a few times to make sure he wasnt hallucinating.
He was not, as it turns out.
What did he even say to that?

——

Ad:
sure (:

SPOILED WARNING THEY GET MARRIED <3

12 Likes

EEEEE GAY MEN (/POS)!!!
love it omni >:)

3 Likes

if you know what fandom it is SOMEHOW (cough CRESH-) dont whip and naenaes spill :))) kay?

2 Likes

me trying to figure out what fandom this is cause I love gay ships HMMMMM
Btw great story :smiley:

2 Likes

MLM :bowing_man::bowing_man::bowing_man: AAAAAAAA I LOVE THIS

ribblr won’t let me like this for another fifteen minutes. i will be back

2 Likes

none of them are canon sadly but ykyk

1 Like

Declan —> nvmm …? Heheheh

1 Like

shshshshshshhhhhh no one has to knwo