ergonomic crochet hook having attitude

how can i make the grip part of my ergonomic crochet hook stop gradually sliding off? it is driving me bonkers. i get through a dozen or so stitches, and surprise surprise, the darn thing has scooched down half an inch. so i move it back up and move on with my life and my project, and 2 minutes later it’s back down again. the severity depends on which hook i’m using as my more frequently used hooks are the worst offenders. i’ve been dealing with this for two years and i have finally :sparkles:had it​:sparkles: :joy: so distracting when i’m trying to work on a project!

13 Likes

That’s recently started happening with me too!

6 Likes

Oof, that hasn’t ever happened to me… is it a piece that is built on or you put on? (I can probably guess it’s a piece that u put on?) That might be the case.

6 Likes

maybe get some blue tac or double sided tape to put on the end of the hook that goes into the handle. those might be strong enough to hold in place, but still able to be taken off when you want to

5 Likes

I just pull mine off, put superglue inside them, and then slide them back on. Works fine just make sure you don’t glue yourself to the hook​:sob:

4 Likes

thank you so much for this!! :sparkling_heart: i had considered this method in the past, but was afraid to try it out. i feel better about it now knowing it’s worked for someone else! starting with my 3.5mm hook as she’s causing the most trouble and we’ll take the rest of em from there :smiling_imp:

since i have to allow a safe amount of time for this hook to dry, that means i can’t use it for a bit… therefore i have to pause the project i was using it for because i don’t have another hook of this size… which sounds a lot like i’ve just been given an excuse to start yet another project :smirk::relieved:

4 Likes

Yeah I was nervous about messing it up, but it works really well!
Anything for an excuse to start another project haha

4 Likes