Explain Colabs to Me :)

Hey friends!
I’ve been considering doing some collaborations with other creators in the future, and I’m curious about what that normally looks like? If y’all have done a colab before, or know better than I do about how they can work in the crochet community, I’d appreciate your input! Any examples or explanations are welcome!

Thank you in advance! :yellow_heart:

11 Likes

I have done a few collabs before. I’m even doing 2 right now!
Here are some things you need to know:

• Make an interest post (to find out who wants to collab with you)
  • Create a group chat
  • Each person makes their own pattern that goes with a theme

That’s pretty much it! You just talk to each other to bounce ideas off of each other and show your progress. You can test within the collab or you can make it public to anyone​:yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I love the idea of everyone working towards a theme! Thanks so much for your insight. I’ll keep those steps in mind. :smile:

7 Likes

Yup what Sammie said! You just pick a theme and make away!

6 Likes

Yes, exactly what Sammie said. I love collabs, they also help you get to know people better

4 Likes

i did an ocean collab a bit ago! one person did a whale, i did a fish, another did a jellyfish, and the last one did a watermelon turtle. just everything has something in common

3 Likes

Is it just me or, did I think a collab was when everyone would work on a pattern together and keep updating each other :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m sure that’s probably another way to do it. I guess its up to the contributers! Thanks everyone for your input so far. This is making much more sense, now.

4 Likes