Eyes-closed crochet?

Do you ever try closing your eyes and trusting your hands? I do it every so often and it’s honestly so relaxing. And even though I do a good job without my eyeballs, I still end up :eyes: :joy: I guess my subconscious doesn’t trust these clumsy fingies :woman_shrugging:t2:

Peek Peep GIF by The Roku Channel

20 Likes

I do it too. Horn the skill

5 Likes

I can knit for hours without hardly ever looking down, but crochet has all the counting and too many holes and the markers don’t travel with the work, it’s exhausting

6 Likes

I often watch TV while I crochet… And I used to stream on Twitch, so I had to look at the camera and chat more than my work… But yeah I take a look down occasionally to make sure I’m on track :blush:

5 Likes

Yes! But more common for me is dark stitching… One night hubby and I had a double date movie night at our house he kept throwing random stuff at me when I was falling asleep… When we got desert and turned the lights on for a minute I chained it and started a 25 stitch BLO scarf… It was done when the 3rd movie ended​:woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

7 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! @Farmgirlinstitches

5 Likes

Hahahaha I love that :joy:

3 Likes

I’m guilty of just “listening” to TV hahaha even though I know I don’t have to look. I’m really trying to break the habit of staring when I don’t need to! No use straining my hands AND my eyes hahah

4 Likes

I do! On patterns/stitches that I’m very familiar with. I work 12 hour graveyard shifts, which is when and where I do the vast majority of my crocheting (with 4 cats at home…) and sometimes it becomes a bit…difficult to keep my eyes open, so I will sometimes sit there and let my eyelids nap while I keep working, then just make sure to check everything after.

5 Likes

Graveyard shift! Wow I can’t even imagine :weary:

I also have 4 cats! Misha, Leela, Fry, and Banky! Two boys two girls :black_heart:

What are your kitties names?

3 Likes

I have 3 girls - Sen, Fizzgig and Coraline, and one boy Salem

Fizzgig is a tortie, the other 3 are solid black and almost identical.

4 Likes

I love those names! And I love the black cat vibe :black_cat: When I went in to the shelter the first time I was looking at this black cat named Fred, but when I got there I saw Misha and she screamed at me in the tiniest little kitty voice and I just had to take her home. That voice is not so tiny anymore :joy:

Misha is a Tortie, Leela is a rag doll calico, Fry is a shorthair domestic grey and white and he’s super chonky haha, and Banky is a long hair domestic white black/grey spotted :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

I love that you appreciated Fred, but homed Misha. I think it’s very important to give fur babies a chance to choose us, and she definitely chose you to keep.

Please pet them all for me and tell them I love them dearly. :blush:

4 Likes