Favorite and least favorite yarn?

What’s y’all’s fav and least fav yarn?

13 Likes

Fav yarn has to be yarn bee soft and sleek yarn. And my least fav has to be an kind of chunk yarns.

11 Likes

Least favorite is RHSS, Caron Soft, Vanna’s Choice, Lily sugar and cream, Paintbox, Paton’s, most of Michaels brands, a lot of Lion Brand I don’t like,( although I like their luxury line) and most of Hobby Lobby.

My favorite kind of yarn to work with is tape/ribbon yarn. So Rozetti Lumen which Universal Yarn no longer makes.
My favorite acrylic is Premier Basic and Joann’s Big Twist. A brand line I love is Universal Yarn. Everything is fabulous, especially that bamboo pop. Universal cotton supreme, deluxe superwash, and offbeat with some alpaca- sublime.

5 Likes

I like paintbox cotton DK, Caron Simply soft, Wool ease was pretty easy to work with, Bernat Baby and Bernat Blanket are both good. The only yarn I have found that I did not like working with was Big Twist by Joanne. The yarn was a dark sparkly color. It was the first time I used a sparkly yarn so maybe it was the type of yarn. I am going to try it on another project so I will let you know.

6 Likes

My fave yarn is any Bernat Blanket, Yarn Bee, or Big Twist Yarn. My least favorite yarn is the Pink version of Just Chenille Premier yarn found at the dollar tree. It always snaps so easily, even when I’m crocheting with my 4 mm hook.

6 Likes

i really like premier parfait chunky and sweet snuggles lite! the yarns i really dislike using are
bernat blanket (while it can be soft i find that it’s really inconsistent with the texture and as someone with sensory issues it has just become not fun to work with) and then most cotton and wool yarns (some are fine but most of them are just coarse for me to work with)

7 Likes

My least favorite would blanket yarn. My favorite would be chenille

8 Likes

Least fave is eyelash yarn. It’s impossible to ravel!
Fave is Lily Sugar 'n Cream. Even though it’s not the best cotton out there, I like the weight and the colors available overall so I use it for all my tiny toys. Plus it’s biodegradable, a perk to me when so many yarns are made of plastic. Berroco Remix is pretty cool, made of recycled fibers!
What are yours, @ItzJessss ? (Oh my that is so many S’s :smile:, I thought @eliiiiiii had the hardest to type handle :wink:)

7 Likes

theresa really good eyelash yarn by lionbrand and its not too difficult to unravel :3 (if of course you’d ever want to try it lol)

7 Likes

Good to know, thanks, but hopefully won’t need to use it again. :smile: Last time was just because I needed a furry look for the face of a Hobbes stuffed tiger one of my sisters asked for.

7 Likes

agreed lol, they s u c k to use for amigurumi, clothing/accessories are a bit better, still frustrating though lol

7 Likes

Paintbox Cotton Yarn and James C Brett Flutterby Chunky are my favourites, I don’t really have any least favourites…yet!

5 Likes

haha i wasnt thinking about that when i joined lol, didnt realize how active i would be on here so i figured it wouldnt really matter haha

while im here, my favorite brands of yarn so far have been bernat blanket and big twist, and my least favorite has been loops n threads. i only really do chunky amigurumi and the fluff just falls right off with loops n threads, its so annoying!! i only use it for embroidery because i dont want to waste the skein of black i still have left.

6 Likes

LOL I had to count the i’s when I type your handle in tester credits but now can just copy & paste.
That would be annoying for yarn to fall apart! Good to know which ones can hold their fluff. :smile:

5 Likes

I really like sweet snuggles lite until they had a like a rebranding with the label and changed something (idk what) but it made it so weak I couldn’t use it without snapping.

5 Likes

I don’t like red heart yarn because I do amigurumi A LOT, and when I crochet with it, it feels scratchy on my little fingies :pleading_face: :sob: (lol)

4 Likes

My favorite yarn is velvet so far, but I hate any black yarn cause I can’t see my sts :sob:

4 Likes