Favorite Indie Yarn Stores

What’s your fav Indie yarn store? When we go to Cape Cod every year I love finding new indie yarn shops :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t have that many where I live except for 2, plus Hobby Lobby and Joann’s (we don’t talk about Michael’s because THEY DON’T ADVERTISE YARN IN THEIR FLYERS :sob::sob::sob:) but that’s about it! So when I’m in another area I love to find what yarn stores are around and visit them! Of course I always buy SOMETHING, you just really can’t not do that - I saw someone else say here on Ribblr it’s a souvenir instead :joy: I love that, it’s so true! So, pop your fav indie yarn store(s) in the comments below, whether local to you or not!

17 Likes

I live in arizona and the best store here is Tempe Yarn!! Full of hand dyed goodness​:desert::orange_heart:

7 Likes

My small town has none :persevere:

5 Likes

@subatomic-stitches Nice! Must have lots of great yarn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@SierraCrochets07 :persevere: Are there any yarn stores near your town? Or not really?

6 Likes

We only have the main craft stores

5 Likes

my favorite indie dyers are on line, generally they are podcasters I follow on youtube.

5 Likes

I live in the UK and most of our Inideish yarn stores near me are a bit sketchy so I normally go to hobbycraft (Their yarn is good but expensive) or I buy online.

5 Likes

Same, no yarn stores at all :frowning: but some of the craft stores sometimes have a nice section with yarn

Like this:

But that’s about all :sweat_smile: (almost all acrylic though)

6 Likes

In Toronto I love going to Romni Wool! But online there’s an Etsy shop called YarnByStu and they dye yarn with popular tv themes. I got a lovely skein inspired by Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones once. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The one I knew of near me closed after covid :sob:

The best I ever visited was in Germany. They had a cafe in the back with sitting areas to craft :heart_eyes: I wish I could live there! She has an insta, I’ll link it if I can find it…

Found it! Ribblr app won’t let me include a link, but the store is Die Mercerie in Munich Germany & you have to go there!

6 Likes

That’s amazing!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

please, why did i read this in the beat of we dont talk about bruno???:laughing:

8 Likes

:joy: love the yarn bombing!

4 Likes

Yes!!! Hahaha
Disney Just Say No GIF by BrittDoesDesign

3 Likes