Favorite type of hook?

Hey guys! What kinds of hooks do you guys like? When I started, I was really big on using Susan Bates… Then I got some Prym egonomic plastic hooks as a gift (which I loved for a while). Switched over to Clover hooks after I got them as a gift. I learned I definitely prefer metal hooks. I’m out of town for the next month or so, and I really wish I had packed my metal hook :frowning: Oh well

Tl;dr - what kind of hooks do you guys use? Ergonomic or no? Plastic or metal or something else?

8 Likes

I usually use 3.5mm hook :blush:
Metal hooks with grips

2 Likes

I mostly use these. I got them on Amazon.

1 Like

I love 4mm and 5mm metal hooks :star2:

3 Likes

My choice from years of crochet has always been Boye metal hooks. I don’t have a need for ergonomic yet, but I have plans to make my own.

2 Likes

Aw I like the flowers. Cute :))

2 Likes

How do you plan to make yours?

2 Likes

This is one video I watched to help me with ideas.

5 Likes

I use Furls Metal Streamlines…. LOVE THEM!

3 Likes

I really like Prym!

2 Likes

I don’t really care wether or not i use ergonomic or straight, but the hook I most use is a 3.5 mm ergonomic plastic one from… THE DOLLAR STORE! Yup, those hooks are great! I have a 5mm one that I use for things like lovey blankets.

I use clover my lovely husband treated me

Susan Bates are my favorite! I love the shape of the hook. I started with off brand and Boye but these were my grandmother’s and they are wonderful!