Fiber Arts Firsts

Hello friends!

Tbh, my past week has been a rough one, but a highlight was finishing up my first ever baby blanket today!

I went with the rainbow and bobbles pattern (by skinnybeader on etsy) to honor this being the mother’s rainbow baby, and I chose various green hues, as that is the color of her nursery (and a soft, pale grey for a little contrast). She had no idea I was making this or will be sending it her way, and I’m so excited to see what she thinks!

Making my first blanket was so thrilling and made me excited about crochet again in a way that has been lacking lately. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the process of this new experience, and that got me thinking it would be fun to see:

1.) Other peoples’ crochet firsts, whatever and whenever it may be, and/or 2.) Projects that pleasantly surprised you!

If anyone wants to share, I would love to hear about them!

17 Likes

Aww so cute!! You did an amazing job, so many shades of green! :green_heart:

I’m planning in my my first baby blanket soon too! I found this pattern yesterday and added it to my wishlist!

Harlequin Stitch Crochet Baby: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Nadine!

And I just added that to my wishlist, too! :rofl: Such a gorgeous stitch pattern! I would love to see if you end up making it! ^.^

6 Likes

Hiw adorably sweet!! And yay for renewed love of crochet!

5 Likes

I am currently making my first ever top it’s quite weird as normally only make amigurumi but I understand why people make clothes that feeling it gives u knowing you made it with your own hands:D

5 Likes

Thank you! It was definitely a welcomed boost in the crojo! Haha :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, congrats on branching out! Garment crochet is definitely a change of pace, but in doing both amigurumi and garment crochet I have found you learn new things from one style that can be applied to the other (and vice versa). I hope we will get to see your final project!

It is exhilarating to be able to wear something you made yourself, and of course now if people ask you where you got it, you get to have the special pleasure (and fiber artist flex) of saying, “Oh this? I made it!” :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ikr it’s so cool to wear your own clothes, sadly I’ve had to put my project on hold because I’ve ran out of yarn and I’m waiting for more yarn to come but I’m so excited to continue it and show you guys:D

3 Likes

Eep! Hopefully it comes quickly for you; we will look forward to hearing more about your experience :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yeah the texture is so pretty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll be sure to show you when it’s done! :heart:

4 Likes

Can’t wait!

3 Likes