Fingerless gloves

Hi!
So i started crocheting like a month ago and I made a few things before. A month ago I also tired to make fingerless gloves but then my motivation went away and gave up so i pulled the yarn out.
I have picture but i can’t attach it ig
So this time I got 3 weight yarn by red hearts and want to try it again. I even tired weight 2 the same one i used before and tired multiple hook sizes with both like 3.5,4 and 4.5 . Whenever i start the sc I get gaps and idk what is causing that, I’m pretty sure my tension couldn’t be the problem :frowning::frowning: Could someone help me? I probably got worse at these because lately i just did amigurumis :face_with_head_bandage:
I’m sorry for being an idiot :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

if you’re using weight 2 yarn I’d use something smaller than a 3.5mm or 4mm hook! I sometimes use 4mm for weight 4 if it’s on the thinner side of weight 4. also you’re not an idiot!! this is what the community is here for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks <3 I used 3.5 before with it but looked good, I’m gonna try a 3 mm hook now in case

2 Likes

Heyy! I know starting off, crochet seems intimidating and impossible, but this community here is here to help! I know staying motivated is a whole task in itself but believe me, every crafter has had to pull out the yarn (also called “frogging” in our community :sweat_smile:)
Generally when you’re trying to get rid of gaps in your crochet project, decrease your hook size rather than going up. Every yarn is made unique, which means that even the recommended hook size on the yarn label may have to be adjusted by a crafter depending on what you are working on! Try out a few different hook sizes till you achieve the look you are hoping for!

4 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts:
My only hook below 3.5 is 3 so I’ll try it

2 Likes

if the 3mm doesn’t work with the weight 2 yarn it should be okay with the weight 3!!

2 Likes