First Market (help!)

hello! i’m having my first market in March, so i’m thinking making it :sparkles:spring themed​:sparkles:. do you guys have any (free) patterns that are popular? (in markets) also pretty quick to make :). ty!

10 Likes

Ooh I’m having my first market in april!!

3 Likes

@Elaya told me that chickens are good!

3 Likes

Oh! Oh! I’m dropping a (free) chicken pattern soon! Dinosaurs are also pretty popular as well as axolotls and bees, and there are a lot of free patterns out there for those. Good luck!!! :sparkles:

5 Likes

oooooh!!! mines a school market tho ;-; AT LEAST I GET A FREE TABLE SINCE IM A STUDENT THERE!

6 Likes

WAIT WHAT LUCKYYYYYYy

3 Likes

What?!?! LUCKY!!!

2 Likes

ooh how exciting!! I do have some free patterns in my shop (not to self advertise…) that could be considered spring themed. I think chickens, rabbits and sheep are very spring themed!!! Good luck!!

3 Likes

Chickens, bees and mushroom guys are all really fun to make and are pretty spring themed, Good luck!

2 Likes

I, i had my first market in September, to have some easy ”table filling” i made some no-sew thingies in velvet yarn, about fitting in a hand
I called them flufs, great as desk buddy, pocket pall and anti stress
They sold like crazy, at the end of the market there even came a lady running to me asking if i was the one with the flufs, lol
I had tiny turtles (in normal yarn, a handful in velvet with crochet hook 5mm), elephants, rabbits, octopusses, a pig, teddy bears, …
AND for next year i made the dolphins here somewhere (should be in my makings), i am busy with a chonky budgie, and i sure want to try the , i think, daisy flowers too, very spring time like :smiley:

4 Likes

I have a tip for you. Dont make it all spring themed. You can have sprimg themed items, but keep some regular stuff like dinos, llamas,bees, octos, baby cows. And dont stick to super cheap stuff have some regular cows, maybe some bunnies with spring themed hats, and keep in mind, dont undercharge yourself.

6 Likes

Hi! Thats so exciting! First off: bees. Everyone loves crochet bees, its as constant as gravity :joy:secondly, octopi are pretty popular. Id also say cows and bunnies. These patterns are usually free, you can find lots of cute ones!
Goodluck!

5 Likes

Maybe flowers??

2 Likes

Ooh!! That’s cool! I know a lot of leggy frogs a popular, along with bees, axolotls, flowers, bucket hats, mushies, stress balls, teddy bears, and stuff like that and I agree with @Apple724 don’t make everything Spring-themed, keep some just all-year-round thingies hopefully this helped! I haven’t done a market yet (I’m thinking of doing one in the summer) I just was basing it off of things that I saw on Pinterest lol

3 Likes

I find jellyfish and bees a super quick market make that have always sold out at my markets. If you put in to the search bar you will fnd loads of free patterns for them - i usually just free hand them- hope this helps :white_heart:

1 Like

Also anything in velvet or chenille yarn, i also recommend taking more time in sewing on embroidery details because they also tend to sell better, i personally prefer to sew on eyes than safety eyes as they are safer

2 Likes