First scam 😢🤣

Got my first scammer on Instagram :cry:
She wanted to by 3 of my higley priced amigurumi and shipped to Germany, next to Belgium so no problem. Costs €90 with track and trace.
Wanted to pay by PayPal, alright not even a problem there so I sent my qr code. But then she asked for my mailadres. Dingdingding, the bell rings, you don’t need a mailadres to pay someone, not in any way. But I was already alarmed. She wanted shipment to Germany but asked everything in English. When I reacted in German that she doesn’t need my mailadres she started shouting without spaces between the words that I was de scammer, again all in English…
:rofl::rofl:Where do they keep getting it? By now almost whole the world know their tricks already :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Poor you. I’ve seen a few of these on Insta, before. :pensive:

3 Likes

Scammers got so bad a few years ago i quit Instagram entirely! Maybe 1 out of every 20 inquiries i got was real :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I got my first one that went as far to agree to pay on PayPal but then said that I needed to check my email cause they needed to send $260 because I’ve not got a business account with PayPal and that I’d need to send it back to them. So yeah I’m gonna block them and move on cause that just makes no sense. Nonetheless they say I must trust them and not PayPal sure buddy you know more than the company that you’re talking about.

1 Like

WOW :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Honestly, just don’t accept payment with PayPal at all. Most people on instagram who pay with PayPal are scammers 99 percent of the time. Instead, set up an Etsy shop and put it up on instragram for inquiries. It’s harder to scam people on Etsy (it still happens) and it may have lots of fees, but you sure do get real people wanting your items for real.

2 Likes

That sucks, but now you will be more experienced and you will be able to know if someone’s trying to scam you. I got scammed and haven’t since so.

2 Likes