Found the Holy Grail of Amigurumi

Whenever I don’t know how to do something I look for a book. Books have been my best friend since I was 3 years when I first learned to read. I knew the dewey decimal system like the back of my hand. My favorite hangout besides the swimming pool was the 4 storied library. I share this to give you context for what follows. I KNOW how to find a book on just about anything, and I was looking for something specific.
THIS book, if you’re starting, has what you need to progress from beginner to first intermediate in amigurumi. It is developed by the Japan Amigurumi Association and published in Japan. I’m so excited!
I’m also vindicated. I ‘met’ some people online who didn’t want to share when I asked “How do you do that?”. A couple played stupid. One even said “- How am i supposed to protect my business”. one created a online club to offer help with crochet but wouldn’t answer questions unless it was specific to their pattern.
My thought upon these interactions had a theme -was “You got this craft because someone somewhere at some time in history GAVE it to you!”

Thoughts anyone?

16 Likes

By the way, there’s a thread on Amigurumi I’ve been contributing to. This topic is in my bookmarks so I can find it easily again.
It looks like the picture as follows:

8 Likes

I’m glad you found something that works for you! I don’t usually give advice since I’m not the best at giving written tutorials on the spot and I don’t have much time to write instructions so I just recommend videos :blush:

8 Likes

To me, knowledge are meant to be share… Either as a business (selling patterns) or as a favor (if someone needs some hints).
I don’t know about the others, though… :smiley:
Be kind to others matters… :hugs::two_hearts:

Btw, the book looks interesting… :heart_eyes:

Most of my books are Japanese pattern books. That’s how I first learn how to crochet… With diagrams…
Learned the US term not too long ago… :blush:

8 Likes

I only know US terms :blush:

7 Likes

WELL @SierraCrochets07 fortunately the book is not written in Japanese. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

What kind of things are in that book? Like I might get it because I really enjoy learning new techniques and using those to create more fun things :blush: but I’m also kinda short on cash rn so I kinda need to be slightly selective with what to get :joy:

Like does is mostly refers to the basic stitches like sc, inc, dec, dc, hdc ? Idk how to explain

Or does it also include stuff like how to add details like embroidery/switching colors and that level stuff?

6 Likes

I’ll see if I can send you some screenshots of the table of contents ok?
@WolfKvB

6 Likes

That would be awesome thank you :heart:

6 Likes

@WolfKvB

8 Likes

@WolfKvB

9 Likes

Woww that’s a lot, thank you so much :heart: I think it would be great book to get :blush: I’ll check if I can find it nearby

7 Likes

@anoswaldoddity
Could you please post the link here? I’m so interested!! :heart_eyes::blush::two_hearts::relaxed:

6 Likes

It’s cheaper on Amazon though.

9 Likes

you dont even know how bad i jumped when i saw my name lol. felt like i had just got in trouble or something. thank you for contributing though. I really appreciate it and I’ve been taking all the advice you guys have given me!.

9 Likes

If we’re in this together, I’m not going to use your name to get you in trouble silly.
@Kenshae

6 Likes

i know​:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Face Sculpturing
found an instagram account on face sculpturing with links to free you tube videos.

it’s called
facesculpturing ( instagram)

5 Likes

How to embroider a smile by Mari-Lisa Lille.

4 Likes