Found the Holy Grail of Amigurumi

Whenever I donā€™t know how to do something I look for a book. Books have been my best friend since I was 3 years when I first learned to read. I knew the dewey decimal system like the back of my hand. My favorite hangout besides the swimming pool was the 4 storied library. I share this to give you context for what follows. I KNOW how to find a book on just about anything, and I was looking for something specific.
THIS book, if youā€™re starting, has what you need to progress from beginner to first intermediate in amigurumi. It is developed by the Japan Amigurumi Association and published in Japan. Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m also vindicated. I ā€˜metā€™ some people online who didnā€™t want to share when I asked ā€œHow do you do that?ā€. A couple played stupid. One even said ā€œ- How am i supposed to protect my businessā€. one created a online club to offer help with crochet but wouldnā€™t answer questions unless it was specific to their pattern.
My thought upon these interactions had a theme -was ā€œYou got this craft because someone somewhere at some time in history GAVE it to you!ā€

Thoughts anyone?

16 Likes

By the way, thereā€™s a thread on Amigurumi Iā€™ve been contributing to. This topic is in my bookmarks so I can find it easily again.
It looks like the picture as follows:

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad you found something that works for you! I donā€™t usually give advice since Iā€™m not the best at giving written tutorials on the spot and I donā€™t have much time to write instructions so I just recommend videos :blush:

8 Likes

To me, knowledge are meant to be shareā€¦ Either as a business (selling patterns) or as a favor (if someone needs some hints).
I donā€™t know about the others, thoughā€¦ :smiley:
Be kind to others mattersā€¦ :hugs::two_hearts:

Btw, the book looks interestingā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Most of my books are Japanese pattern books. Thatā€™s how I first learn how to crochetā€¦ With diagramsā€¦
Learned the US term not too long agoā€¦ :blush:

8 Likes

I only know US terms :blush:

7 Likes

WELL @SierraCrochets07 fortunately the book is not written in Japanese. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

What kind of things are in that book? Like I might get it because I really enjoy learning new techniques and using those to create more fun things :blush: but Iā€™m also kinda short on cash rn so I kinda need to be slightly selective with what to get :joy:

Like does is mostly refers to the basic stitches like sc, inc, dec, dc, hdc ? Idk how to explain

Or does it also include stuff like how to add details like embroidery/switching colors and that level stuff?

6 Likes

Iā€™ll see if I can send you some screenshots of the table of contents ok?
@WolfKvB

6 Likes

That would be awesome thank you :heart:

6 Likes

@WolfKvB

8 Likes

@WolfKvB

9 Likes

Woww thatā€™s a lot, thank you so much :heart: I think it would be great book to get :blush: Iā€™ll check if I can find it nearby

7 Likes

@anoswaldoddity
Could you please post the link here? Iā€™m so interested!! :heart_eyes::blush::two_hearts::relaxed:

6 Likes

Itā€™s cheaper on Amazon though.

9 Likes

you dont even know how bad i jumped when i saw my name lol. felt like i had just got in trouble or something. thank you for contributing though. I really appreciate it and Iā€™ve been taking all the advice you guys have given me!.

9 Likes

If weā€™re in this together, Iā€™m not going to use your name to get you in trouble silly.
@Kenshae

6 Likes

i knowā€‹:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Face Sculpturing
found an instagram account on face sculpturing with links to free you tube videos.

itā€™s called
facesculpturing ( instagram)

5 Likes

How to embroider a smile by Mari-Lisa Lille.

4 Likes