Foxes in backyard

Hii yall I have chickens and im starting to get a realy determined fox coming persistently to my yard and trying to get my chickens. Before he gets more knowlege of my yard whatshould i do? Pls helpp me I have no clue what to do :sob::sob:

14 Likes

I just google it and it says try to make it leave on its own terms so u can put the radio on outside to make it think theres people or u can put dog hair around yr chiskens to scare it away.

3 Likes

Smaller wire mesh helps. Big dog helps if the dog leaves the chickens alone.

4 Likes

Oki ty for suggestions

2 Likes

Do you have wire around your fence? Make sure there no broken fence. Let me ask my brother he has chickens in his yard too.

3 Likes

Try putting chicken wire around your fence! Or like a smaller wire thing

Hi my brother send this for you and anyone with fox problems.
Buy 1/2" chicken wire that’s 2 ft wide by whatever length you need. Attach at least one foot to the base of the coop and the other foot gets buried. Six inches down and six inches out, away from the coop. The foxes will hate it because it tears up their claws.

3 Likes

We use peppermint oil and or red pepper flakes around our coop and run. It deters any mammalian species because they dont like the overwhelming scents.

2 Likes

TYSM IMMA DO THATt

2 Likes

Okii tysmm

1 Like

You’re welcome, my brother called to asked who is having that problem and I explained. He said that’s the best remedy to offer.

2 Likes

You can make a vinegar/water mixture and spray it around their coop, foxes don’t like the smell of vinegar and apple cider vinegar is safe for chickens but I’m not sure about other vinegar

1 Like

Tysm!!

1 Like

:blush: