Fun opportunity!!

Hi everyone!! I have started The More Love Project and you all may be interested! As a brief overview: For this project I am asking participants to locate a place they think could use more love and yarn bomb it! This will use the power of handmade art to bring attention to the issues people have in their environments. You can find out more on my project instagram @ themoreloveproject or on my website themoreloveproject.com :heart: If you have any questions or want more information don’t hesitate to ask!

10 Likes

i like this but don’t like this. i know that these can be harmful to birds. Also small rodents like squirrels can also get harmed. Not trying to stop this or be rude just saying that it can injure them. :blush: :green_heart:

8 Likes

Please check with the local city officials before doing this, it is considered vandalism in some municipalities and carries a fine.
There is also a deeper environmental and financial impact for the areas that are chosen for such projects, so make sure you have a fully realized plan for what fibers will be used, how the installment will be removed, and the precise boundaries of what is and is not off limits for the installment.

7 Likes

Having had a cat that lost her life due to eating a small amount of acrylic yarn, I appreciate the thoughtfulness. :blue_heart:

9 Likes

i’m sorry about your cat :green_heart:

5 Likes

I am sure you Checked everything before launching your project, so you have all my support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::raised_hands:

4 Likes

@lunitallunera
I meant for each person participating. For example, in my town, being caught yarn bombing carries a fine of up to $1000.00 and up to 100 hours of community service picking up garbage.

7 Likes

It was decades ago, but thank you

6 Likes

Thats a good thing you made letting her know!

3 Likes

Yes thank you so much for letting me know! Research has been done and the project was approved by my school and city but I will add a note in for those who may participate outside of my city

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I have it set so they will only be up about a month. I did a few trial runs and everything remained intact for that amount of time, so hopefully no issues with that!!

2 Likes