Granny squares!

I just started a new granny square project because I have so much fun making them! The one thing I always get stuck on is joining the squares together.

What are some of your favorite methods for joining granny squares?

18 Likes

Slip stitching, but not the usual slip stitch.
Check Naztazia on IG, she has a video on how to do a neat flat one. :blush:

6 Likes

I just like laying them flat and sewing them together.

5 Likes

Someone just asked this recently and was given several ideas, you may want to check out this thread

Hope you find something you like :blush:

8 Likes

if i want a bulkier look, slip stich! for a cleaner and more seamless join, i use whip stitch or mattress stitch

7 Likes
4 Likes

Like mentioned, this was covered just a few days ago… I still stand by Join as you go

4 Likes

I’ve never tried join as you go, but I’m leaning toward that method! I think that would look best since I plan on making garments

3 Likes

So many good ideas!!

3 Likes

I always liked whip stitching, and slip stitching definitely does give a nice bulky look

4 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes

I used to sew them together until I figured out slip stitching them was a quicker and more enjoyable way to do so!:relaxed::heartpulse:

5 Likes

I’m definitely not opposed to sewing! That’s always been my go-to method

3 Likes

I’ll definitely check out that video! Thank you! :relaxed:

4 Likes

I’ve never tried slip stitching but I definitely love any technique that’s EASY! :relieved:

4 Likes

thankyou!!

4 Likes

ofc! always happy to help

4 Likes

I actually dont like making granny squares, but I think it’s because of type of yarn I use?
I use regular acrylic yarn,but what would be good yarn to crochet with?

5 Likes

I prefer using cotton! I made these ones with worsted cotton. I think worsted/Aran acrylic looks great too, but might be a little harder to shape than cotton?

4 Likes

In blankets I prefer acrylic over cotton.
Though I do love the feel of the cotton and the weight, for my purposes (aka washing them a lot) acrylic is better, less expensive and easier to wash / handle

6 Likes