guitar learning?

how does one get the motovation to learn an instrument that hurts your fingers when you play?

8 Likes

i myself dont play guitar, but i know there a finger guards you can buy that will protect you.

this is what they look like

also i think you can use guitar picks too, it might hurt to pinch it all the time tho

5 Likes

My husband played guitar every day from 13 until he died. He would say “ Play until you get callouses” other than me, his children and Jesus he loved his guitar. It was a Martin acoustic.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, guitar was so much fun for me! Once you learn how to read tabs, you can learn to play your favorite songs! And if you have any friends who play instruments or sing, y’all can have jam sessions and that is such a fun way to spend time together. It can also be a therapeutic kinda thing to play on your own. It’s so much better after you build callouses, it won’t bother you anymore and you can pretty much play as much as you want! :blush:

1 Like

Ooo Martins are so nice! I always wanted one myself. :blush:

1 Like

You may feel pain now, but it will be worth it , promise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to play the guitar a couple years about (3 years to be exact 0w0). I only stopped because I had a lot going on at the time and didn’t have much motivation. But I kind of think of this as when the yarn I’m using is acrylic and its rougher like red heart, but I keep using it anyways and it hurts my fingers :sob:. But it would take a lot of practice, you’ll get used to it sooner or later. I agree with what @Anion said, there are finger guards you could try, or even a guitar pick.

3 Likes

I’m a bass player so I found that the best motivation is a band. When other people want you to learn, you learn

1 Like

I play guitar. It gets better with time, believe me! No need for anything special, just persevere. My finger tips hardened in 2 weeks only :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes