Guys, I did it

I finally gave in. I bought felt.

In all honesty, it was mostly because I got a five dollar micheals (do you guys pronounce it “mikals” or “mishells”?) voucher and they were out of all the good yarn Y-Y

Does anyone have any experience using felt for amigarumi details?

15 Likes

I pronounce it mikals

2 Likes

I pronounce it “mikals” as well. I have never used felt before so I might try that this year. Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

I pronounce it mikals, and I have absolutely no experience :smiley:

2 Likes

YAYAYAYY FELT IS FUNNNN and uhhhh yes i do u can dm me

2 Likes

I use felt sometimes! :blush:

2 Likes

“mike-uhls” thats how i say it lol and i spell it ‘michael’s’

love the felttttttttttt

2 Likes

I have no experience, but I’ve made some little felt plushies (sewing) but I would probably try to sew the felt on with the same colored thread before the project is decreased shut

1 Like

I love felt details! Here are some tips:

I recommend getting some Heat & Bond, an iron on fabric adhesive. I use to to attach felt pieces together because it works quickly with no mess. This is great for layering felt details. Even if you aren’t using it for the adhesive, I still recommend it. It gives the felt some stability, making it much easier to retain clean lines & crisp details with less fraying & tearing.

Use very sharp scissors to cut your shapes.

Use templates/guides. Before I got my Cricut, I used coins as circle templates because theyr’re super common shapes. You can use erasable fabric markers to draw it on, or use a pen and trim off the pen marks. Hold the felt shapes back up to the template after cutting to see if any additional trimming is needed. You can use paper towels to find the correct shapes for your design, then make templates out of cardboard or plastic sheets.

Tulip fabric paint is great for adding small details to felt!

Felt is fun and super customizable, which is why I love it for plushies. I hope this helped! :heart:

2 Likes

Me too lol

2 Likes

i didnt how people pronounced it mishells, that’s interesting :joy: Its always been mikals for me​:saluting_face:

1 Like