handedness???

i’m sure there’s a lot of us, but i’m curious how many of y’all’s handedness changes with different activities. i’m left handed in almost everything, but i crochet right handed. i think that might be fairly common, but is there anybody here who is right handed and crochets with their left?

11 Likes

I’m ambidextrous, but also have dyscalculia, so I have ways I’m used to doing things but have a hard time rearranging my instructions for others

8 Likes

not me! I crochet and do everything else with my left hand! Most of the people in my family are left-handed! My grandma, dad, and most of my cousins are left-handed too!

6 Likes

However, @lefthandstitches assures me that I’m easy for the differently abled among us.

6 Likes

Most definitely lefty approved :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I am left handed but use scissors in my right hand and crochet right handed​:woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

I do everything with my left-hand. I tried to play guitar right handed but just couldn’t do it. I’m also mildly dyslexic so that complicates things a bit too. I’m all kinds of turned around :laughing:

9 Likes

Turn Around Ugh GIF

4 Likes

I’m right-handed for everything but gardening. Is that weird or what? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’m right handed f or every thing except scrubbing, I use my left hand.

Ok, WE ARE ALL WEIRD!!

5 Likes

I’m also a lefty that crochets right handed! I’ve tried left handed crochet and it just didn’t make sense. It so funny because I use my left hand for everything writing, eating, even with golfing and bowling. I just can’t crochet left handed :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Woah left handed crochet is so confusing though :joy: maybe you’re just a genius

4 Likes

I’m right handed, and learned to play the drums right handed, but I am a natural left handed drummer…down to my bass drum foot. It just works better when I drum left handed. Weird.

6 Likes

for me right handed stuff is so confusing!!! Whenever my mum or brother tries showing me something i get so confused!

4 Likes

Yeah like I said in my previous post I’m so left handed it hurts :joy: but crochet left handed makes no sense to me

5 Likes

I knit in both directions,with yarn in right hand (unless I’m doing colorwork) but have always crocheted with hook in right hand and yarn in left hand…but I saw a video of someone holding the hook and yarn both in the right hand, and now I have a new challenge

5 Likes

I have dyscalculia too, it can be challenging for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i crochet and knit right handed just fine tho im a lefty​:joy:

3 Likes

They both, usually, use both hands either way. And you can put the work on one hand or the other without having to change which hand you hold your yarn or hook in

2 Likes