Happy 100th Birthday to my uncle Bob!

He is the oldest living WWII veteran that I personally know!!

14 Likes

Wow. Happy birthday uncle Bob. And thanks for your service!

7 Likes

Wow, that is so cool!

Happy Birthday GIF by Eat'n Park

6 Likes

Wow! Happy Birthday Uncle Bob! And thank you so much for serving this country!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday GIF
Thats awesome. Happy Birthday to Your Uncl Bob a hero, veteran and A Awesome inspiring person :heart: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

thanks to you all, they really were/are hero’s to me, their dad died when my dad was 8 and my Uncle bob was 10 of pneumonia (no penicillin yet) my grandmother tried to raise them (4 children) but it was the great depression after WWI, and after 2 years realized she couldn’t support them so she took them to a christian orphanage so they would have food, clothing and a roof over their head, not to be adopted out tho. And she took them out every other weekend. They stayed in the orphanage until they were 17 and then went into the military during WWII, my uncle Bob in the Army and my dad in the Air Force (was the Army/Air Corps at the Time). It made them strong and family important.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Uncle Bob!

4 Likes

What a precious story. Was a very difficult decision for their mother though.
When I worked in VA nursing home for a couple of years we had a WWI veteran who was 108 I think. He was a hoot!

2 Likes

gotta love those long life genes!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to Uncle Bob!! 100 is such a milestone! Triple digits!
@LDSVenus Your story of them having to live in an orphanage is a little heartbreaking, but at least they still could see their grandmother some. And they had food and were taken care of :two_hearts:

2 Likes