Happy Accidents

Have you ever had a crafting accident work out to be better than imagined? Made a mistake in a pattern and ended up liking your new version better? Ran out of yarn and had to adjust? Something that seemed like a bad color combo end up working up beautifully? A yarn that took forever to find the right project to showcase the beauty of the yarn on the ball?

I had this washcloth that I made awhile ago. I had run out of the color I was using and had to finish with a different color. It doesn’t exactly match, but it is close enough and it ended up giving it a ton of personality!

Post any happy accidents you have had!

22 Likes

Very nice!
I didn’t have another skein of grey like I thought, so went with this

18 Likes

Accidental color blocking! Perfect.

12 Likes

Looks awesome!

8 Likes

I did that once on a stashbusting C2C blanket. I was so sure I had enough for a nice lap blanket and had to improvise. I was pleasantly surprised with the finished blanket.

20180812_170839_small

12 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

love the colors!

5 Likes

I got too excited with how the pattern was turning out that I stopped reading the directions too early. The stitch was a 4 row repeat, not a 2 row repeat but it still looks cute!

12 Likes

Looks great!

5 Likes

I’ve done that too! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

It looks amazing :star_struck:

5 Likes

I friggin love this accident!!! I wish my accidents look this nice, haha. What yarn is this though, I’m digging the colours!!

4 Likes

Thank you. I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Moondance Ombre and Hot Blue. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s like what bob ross says Happy Mistakes.

Anyways so I was making a stingray but I didn’t have enough purple yarn so I just used some tutti frutti yarn and it turned out really snazzy.

side profile

10 Likes

Love him

4 Likes

I have so done that! But you are right, it’s still cute

6 Likes

Yes! Love that tail!

5 Likes

Awww thank you

4 Likes

Aww thank you so much

3 Likes