Has anyone been banned from crocheting/knitting downstairs?

Has anyone been like banned from arting downstairs? My mum banned me from crocheting downstairs cause my yarn would always shed and the carpet wouldn’t be the most aesthetically pleasing lol! Be sure to tell me all ur experiences:D

Happy crafting :smiling_face:

8 Likes

" Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky."

~Fran Lebowitz
My kids were never allowed to craft outside of their rooms and I still had little pieces of cut paper, glitter, thread, yarn, and drops of paint everywhere. It was like a mudslide starting in the doorway to their rooms and spread out thinner but wider as you moved through the house. I loved that they were creative, and I always encouraged it, but I hated cleaning it up.

6 Likes

Lol, I’ve done the opposite. I was banned from crafting upstairs because it makes a mess. We have an unfinished basement, so I usually work down there for sewing and stuff. But I still crochet upstairs cause it doesn’t make a huge mess.

7 Likes

yesss my family banned me from crocheting the attic (the attic was made into a cool hangout room at my house) lol. Little do they know that I started knitting, too hehe…

6 Likes

i live in a ranch so i don’t have a downstairs. but i’m not really banned anywhere…

4 Likes

when i’m in trouble, instead of taking my phone or ipad, my dad takes my yarn and crochet hooks away​:worried::worried:

9 Likes

My mum’s threatened to do it but she never has it always scares me :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I haven’t been banned, but I have to vacuum my room multiple times a week now :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

oh no! why?? i would think they would take your phone or some kind of device. but yarn? that’s just cruel :frowning:

5 Likes

No noooooooo

6 Likes

I know right​:tired_face:

4 Likes

er, no.

4 Likes

That made me gasp. My Jerry stopped his show to see if I was ok. He even thought it was cruel. I guess you will learn to not get in trouble now? I had one child that learned from mistakes. Not so much the rest …

4 Likes

How long for? cause I wouldn’t be able to cope for more than a day

3 Likes

it depends how much trouble i got into but usually it’s only a little while

4 Likes

When my family changed from a big church to a smaller one, my parents told me to stop crocheting in the service because they thought it was more obvious and didn’t seem respectful. That didn’t last long. :innocent: I told everyone that commented that I could concentrate better if I was using my hands (which is kinda true). Then some old ladies thought it was such a great idea they started doing it too, so I’m off the hook. :joy:

4 Likes

no. is that a normal occurrence?

if my yarn sheds then i try to contain the skein or ball in a bag to reduce the fuzzies

4 Likes

Haha yesss. As a homeschooler, I can definitely concentrate better on my lessons (for lecture ones) when I’m crocheting.

4 Likes

It’s only when I use chenille yarn and I’m sewing or something or if I just tug at it a bit too tight

2 Likes

I wish they would let me crochet in class :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes