has ribblr updated on PC?

when using a pattern, instead of using the arrows to flip the pages, it just scrolls all the way down. this is a new feature?

sometimes it’s a bit frustrating, because it slides away from the part im making and onto another (etc making body, scrolls to head), and when i click the headings to get to a certain part, sometimes they don’t work

21 Likes

It’s been like that for me for months now…

5 Likes

mine only just updated a week ago or so…?

4 Likes

Yep this was part of the new feature drop I believe. It sucks that it isn’t helpful to you :confused:

4 Likes

yeah when i switch tabs it just takes me back to the start of the pattern

5 Likes

Oo thats annoying :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

It shouldn’t do that so we are looking into it

7 Likes

it probably does it 1 out of 2-3 times? it takes em right back to the start (for example, working on the body, but the head is the first step, so takes me back to the head every time when i come back from another tab)

5 Likes

Do you notice if the page refreshes?

And are you using progress tracking?

6 Likes

no, the page doesn’t refresh whatsoever. it just jumps back to the start without me noticing.

and i don’t, though i expect it wouldn’t do it still even though i dont use it

4 Likes

Newer versions of chrome, in order to save energy, refresh inactive pages that’s what we suspect may happen. Can you try to track a few rows to see if the page stays on that area?

6 Likes

yes it is a new feature
and yes when i click out and go back in, it goes to the top. super annoying

3 Likes

none of my other pages really refresh, and i only flip it for a second to reply to a friend, etc. i can try do that and update you

5 Likes

Please let us know :ok_hand:

4 Likes

it still does it unfortunately :confused:

4 Likes

Hi, Avi @ Tech Team here.
We’re looking into that but as we can’t reproduce it, try and give us some pointers:

1. We assume you’re using a Windows PC with Chrome browser. Correct?
  2. Any tips on how to re-produce it (or a short video to illustrate it)?

We’ve made some tweaks to try and prevent that.
In any case, even if you don’t mark lines while working, marking lines now and then will force Chrome refresh to the last line marked - so that’s a good bypass.
Many thanks and sorry for your inconvenience. Let us know if it’s any better.
Avi

4 Likes

Yes i’m using a windows pc :slight_smile:

my computer doesn’t allow me to record unfortunately, i could grab a few ss if you’d like.

thanks for fixing up the issue! i might just have to start marking every now and then so that it doesn’t take me back to the start. i will check to see if it’s any better soon. thank you again!

3 Likes

update: it’s still refreshing and going to the start, even when marking

2 Likes

Hi,
Sorry about that. That’s not an issue we’re familiar with, so we’ll need some more info:
Are you using Chrome or Edge and if so what version: Go to 3 dots on the top right, choose Help (2nd/3rd from the bottom) and select About ... → copy the version (should be something like Version 126.0.xx ).
If you have a lower version, kindly Upgrade.
If you are not using Chrome nor Edge, let us know what you are using as your browser.
Thx,
Avi @ Tech Team

3 Likes

I’m using chrome on version 126.0.6478.127, which i think is up to the latest of chrome.

3 Likes