Hello Ribblr Community!!

Hi, so i have decided that i am going to crochet my nieces and nephew gifts again this year for Christmas. I’m not sure what i want to make them so here i am asking the community. Last year Avery got baby Yoda, her sister Harper got an octopus/jellyfish (i’m not sure what you would call it), Jacob has a dino, and Kyri got a snowman. Here is a photo of the people i will be crocheting for (so far)
Screenshot 2023-08-29 3.17.03 PM

10 Likes

Avery: Axolotl
Harper: Jellyfish
Jacob: Little lion
Lailah: frog boi
Kyri: Mushroom boi

5 Likes

harper had something like a jelly fish so i wont do that but i like the lion, i think i might do that for leo, (i forgot to add him) bc his nickname is leo lion, and everything else! Very good ideas!

3 Likes

I don’t know what ages some of these could go with but, you could make a cat or dog, a zebra, maybe a dino? There are also some adorable bunny patterns as well as otter patterns! If there is any love for the ocean, there are some great dolphin, shark patterns even a really cute starfish would be adorable! Speaking of starfish there are also just some fish plushies that are precious!

2 Likes

I made my nephew Jacob a dino :slight_smile: otter would be cute!! shark would be cute for Tyler. and maybe guppy from little mermaid for harper?

2 Likes

That would be adorable!!!

2 Likes

For Avery, since you made baby Yoda last year, this year you should make the Mandalorian/Mando. They go together. Or a space pod for Grogu.

1 Like

Are any of the older kids into Minecraft or other games? There’s a ton of great patterns for fandoms. :blush: I have kids between ages 4 and 15 and the patterns they’ve liked are Sanrio characters, Totoro or anything Studio Ghibli, cats, dogs, Minecraft characters, snakes, spiders, strawberry cow, frogs, aliens, snowy owls, birds, narwhal, dinosaurs, Mario, dragons, mushrooms, hamsters, fish, Kraken, sprites/fairies and pandas just to name a few ideas.

2 Likes

here are some general ideas: fruit, flower, mushroom, frog, duck, hamster, bumble bee, whale, cupcake, chicken nugget, snail, and caterpillar!

1 Like

LOVE the minecraft idea, Leo is SOOOOO into minecraft!!! Great ideas!!

2 Likes

these are really good! Love the chicken nugget for lailah!

2 Likes

There are some really lovely ideas in here, and I wish you the best of luck making your gifts!
I just wanted to pop in to give an advice for the 3-year-olds; it depends on how mature they are, but it’s usually not a good idea to give toys with safety eyes to children who are under or just over three (if you are planning to use those kinds of eyes); some safety eyes can pop loose and if they are children who like to put things in their mouths it might be best to sew on eyes or make them out of felt and glue them on :slight_smile:
As I said, I don’t know how mature they are, but rather safe than sorry ^^’

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like