helloooooooo I'm new to this wonderful website

hello! I’m new to ribblr and just wanted to tell you all as i have seen others doing the same! in super excited to meet you all!!! i am a crochet person and i have attempted kitting but i have been unsuccessful EVERY SINGLE TIMEEE i wish i could knit though :sob: oh well i think crochet is faster though. anyway i would like to make some patterns at some point but i don’t know if i have enough time for that right now but maybe over chistmas? i don’t know. anyway yup that’s about all i have to say

ps: i love testing patterns!

15 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr!

4 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr!
There are several threads (you can use the magnifying glass at the top to search) regarding knitting help… Several have asked for suggestions and received many answers and others have came across you tube videos or channels that they thought were helpful and so they shared them with the community…
If you are right handed and thus crochet with the yarn in your left hand, I’d suggest learning Continental style as it keeps the yarn in your left hand… Personally, I like the way Very Pink Knits (she also has a YouTube channel) teaches, but she doesn’t always show Continental…
Glad to have you here though and looking forward to more interactions :blush:
Welcome

5 Likes

Welcome!
I’ve also been trying to pick up knitting, it does feel slow compared to crochet haha It doesn’t help that my tension is all over the place :sweat_smile: I favor the look of knitting though so I’m not giving up :saluting_face: we got this

6 Likes

Welcome :sparkles:

5 Likes

I think the best way to learn to knit is to forget you know how to crochet. Just because they both use yarn does not make them the same thing. They are two completely different crafts and trying to make knitting more like crochet actually makes it more complicated (I do both)

4 Likes

welcome :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: it’s a v kind and supporting community! i’ll try to remember you for future pattern tests, too :blush:

i have the exact same problem w/ knitting lol BUT my mom (who can’t crochet at all) knits veeery fast. she says it gets v automatic once you get the hang of it! also i’ve bought custom knitted pieces and the ppl who made them were so fast i was kinda shocked??

so im guessing some ppl just understand things differently (and altough i REALLY wish i could knit i think that’s v important and… beautiful? i mean, diversity and stuff hahah)

5 Likes

@crochetwithkittens

4 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr @crochetwithkittens !!! You’ll definitely love Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
As for having trouble learning to knit, I did too! I started with crochet and that’s my main craft, but I knit, embroider and mend things once in a while (for mending, only really simple things like buttons and tiny holes in discrete spots). I originally tried to learn with some books but then a friend taught me a handful of years later and voilà! Now I know how to knit (just the basic stitches knit and purple for now because, as you know, busy with crochet)! So I would suggest finding someone you know who knows how to knit to teach you, or go to a class at your local yarn/craft store if you have one. Also, try YouTube! It doesn’t work for everyone but it’s worth a shot.
Hope this helps!!
:orange_heart:Nicole

3 Likes

thank you for all of your kind words (and tips on kitting)

3 Likes

Hiyya, welcome. Hope you have a groovy day.

4 Likes