Help! Crochet hexagon shape

Ok i’m currently crocheting this pattern;
Crochet Granny Cardigan: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?
And i don’t know if this is normal and i should keep going or scrap it and start over. My hexagon is…wonky? Here’s what it looks like,

Any advice?? I would rather not scrap it, but if it has to be done i will. :persevere:
Anyway thanks for your help! :hugs:

6 Likes

Your stitches seem to be a bit tight… if I were you I would scrap it completely but just pull it out and start over. At least you’re not too to far into the pattern that it would be a complete tragedy, but that’s what I’d do if I were in your place. Hope this helps, good luck with everything!
:orange_heart: Nicole

6 Likes

Ok so just use a bigger hook and loosen up my stitches a little?
And you know, scrap it… Ok Thank you so much for the advice! :yum:

5 Likes

Yup! Hope it works out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Of course!! Happy I could help :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Okay nvm that I thought it was similar to another thing but was mistaken :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Make sure you have correct gauge for this pattern. Mostly wonky crochet comes from too many stitches in a row, they stand too close and form these waves. Make sure that the yarn and the hook are correct sizes. Sometimes knowing which exactly yarn/hook the pattern creator used helps a lot. If it doesn’t help I recommend r eading this https://www.cosyrosieuk.co.uk/5-ways-to-stop-your-crochet-curling#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20common,adjust%20your%20tension%20-%20click%20here.

8 Likes

Also, make sure your stitch count is correct. Be obsessive about counting.

6 Likes