Help me please 😭

Ok so I’m working on a fingerless gloves pattern and I finished the first one and started the second one but it looks longer and I don’t know what I did :sob: I chained the same amount on each glove

Sorry for bad image quality my camera isn’t great

12 Likes

It could just be as you went on it tightened, you might want to try and do a few more rows to see if it stays rhe same length and if you need to decrease the amount of stitches

4 Likes

I’ve been told to make three of a set, like gloves, because the first one your tension can be tighter/ looser.

3 Likes

Did you do one of them tighter? Did you use a different hook? Maybe you can finish the one and if it looks different make another without frogging the second.

3 Likes

You may have just had a tighter tension on the first one or you stretched out the second. Best of luck!

4 Likes

Sometimes the length of the chain isn’t the same as the length of the next row of stitches. Continue on and see. If it’s still off, you could try again with a little tighter tension on the chain.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone I’ll add a few more rows and see how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well you probably shouldn’t do this but…
Whenever I don’t have the right stitch count and I don’t feel like frogging back to where I went wrong, I just throw a few increases or decreases in there :smiling_face_with_tear:
You could also downsize in hooks to make it tighter instead of having to redo that bit

2 Likes

Oh good somebody else adds increases and decreases :sweat_smile:

2 Likes