Help! Missed a round how do I fix?

EDIT: figured it out, thanks for the help!
Hello, I’m still pretty new to crochet, but I’ve been having a great time making plushies. I’m currently working through a pattern to make Hornet from hollow knight, and it was going great until I realized I missed a round!
There are 32 rounds on each horn and lots of increases. I did the first horn fine, and I thought the second one was going good until I compared the two and realized the second one is shorter. I remember around round 9 wondering if I was on round 9 or round 10, and concluding I was on round 10, and I think that’s where I messed up. That round was so long ago at this point (I got all the way through round 32) that I really want to avoid undoing all the way back to it to try again.
Any advice? (I’m kicking myself for the oversight but I need to finish this soon as it’s a Christmas gift for my boyfriend)

9 Likes

Hi there!

Maybe try adding on a round of single crochets if you can to add some height to the 2nd horn. I’m assuming there’s a round of single crochet’s in-between the rounds of increases/decreases. You might be able to avoid frogging all the way back down to round 9 if you do this. You might still have to frog a couple of rows until you get to a spot where a round of sc is possible, but it sounds like you just need to add more height, so this should achieve that without making it look weird (hopefully)!

Would you be able to add a picture? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If the horns are not connected yet, add a round of sc around the beginning edge. Otherwise, don’t worry. I’ve never seen two identical horns on a like animal.

8 Likes

Added a row of sc and it seemed to work! Thanks for the advice!

7 Likes

Anytime! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes