Help please!

nice job, maybe theres a way to contact the youtube channel

4 Likes

this was 99cents so He probably just used the photo and copied a generic potato pattern- its just a long circle so there isn’t much to worry about if he was trying to make a buck off someone else’s work!

4 Likes

This sucks!! You put in the hard work to create these adorable patterns, and someone tries to claim your amazing work. They should definitely get taken down. I’m sorry this happened to you.

6 Likes

I cant find the pickle… he has several different images so I think its a combination of makers. I did a reverse image search on google and it didn’t find any matches other than his photo shopped one on his etsy page. but I am sure it was stolen.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that you’re in this situation! I’ve reported both patterns to Etsy! I sent this message both times (in case someone wants an easy copy+paste report):
This pattern is stolen from a free listing on Ribblr, and this seller grabbed the photos and pattern from there. A community “investigation” is ongoing on Ribblr, and it looks like a majority if not all patterns that this seller has listed is stolen intellectual property.

5 Likes

I emailed the youtube channel and gave them the link to the etsy

Edit: I sent them an update now that the listing has been taken down. Unfortunately a few people already purchased the pattern.

6 Likes

my son said there is a way to take action and get any sales profits made from the original artist stolen property. I am not sure how you would go about it. I assume Etsy would reverse funds from his registered account and would have to award it to the designers. Unfortunately you probably need a lawyer to actually get this, but it would be justice to have him punished for this!

7 Likes

I found this pattern, too. It looks awfully similar to emu’s yarn barn’s chicken pattern. I could be wrong, just wanted to make sure. Here’s the link Chichen pattern: Crochet pattern | Ribblr

5 Likes

I agree with ThatChunkyYarnUser! I am happy to see the community support we offer to each other here! I am proud to be a part of this group tonight!!!

6 Likes

im not sure how this would work either. But i sent a message to one of the people who reviewed their shop and told them to request a refund. I only did this to the person who bought the pink potato, since that one I knew was 100% stolen

The other reviews are for the positive potato, which wr havent found a pattern for

6 Likes

This reminds me of the time when I posted stories on Royal Road–some got stolen by some sort of Chinese website offering subscriptions to follow the stories for a fee (it was free to read on RR); the only thing they had changed was the covers :sweat_smile: We who had stolen stories basically had to contact the company hosting their website to get them taken down. At least Etsy is a little easier to report on!
What I said above is just to show that sadly, there is theft of most if not all forms of intellectual property. Luckily the stolen stories got taken down (now that I think about it, it’s been like 1-2 years, so I should probably check again). I hope these listings come down too!

5 Likes

Let me know if it should have action taken against it

4 Likes

no, this chicken is not the same stitch/count in the pattern, it is similar but not the same pattern. one is rounder and the tips on the end are more pronounced. This is going to look similar because it is a folded over & sewn together top so they all will look like the same chicken for the most part at first glance.

5 Likes

i was planning on going to bed earlier today but its almost 4 am now lol. I hope the people tagged get to see this. I’ll check up again tomorrow

6 Likes

I just want to say thank you to everyone! I am really hoping this can spread awareness of this shop and hopefully others doing the same thing. It seems to be a big problem. I watched this video by @FalseBubbles and it has to do with this subject.

FalseBubbles video on people stealing free patterns

9 Likes

Let me know if you need further help :D. Happy to help out fellow hard working ribblrs :).

5 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up!

5 Likes

I made a tiktok and ig post warning about the shop. They may be taken down for “harassment” but maybe people will see and help spread the word.

6 Likes

So sorry this happened to you, I also reported, hope it helps. :frowning:

5 Likes

I hope this shop gets taken down! I reported :slight_smile:

7 Likes