Help please :)

How do you know what size your safety eyes are?

7 Likes

Hi,

Usually I buy the ones already had labels with the sizes but if not from where I bought compare between what in my hand and the photos had sizes and wrote it over on the bag or box I put them in. Or just try it on the Amugurumi am working on untill find the suitable ones and continue without problem. :green_heart: even sometimes the pattern mentioned a size but I preferred another one depend on my work and how I want it to look at the end :ok_hand::grin::+1::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

5 Likes

Mine never come labeled :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t use safety eyes, because they are not safe for kids under 3. (not safe is the operative word here.) But, pretty sure you can measure them. 12 mm safety eye is … 12 mm …

I google to find more info, 12 mm is .4724409 inches

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that, yeah most of them not, there’s another way but I didn’t try it as when I did not get what I want and confused me more :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: use a gauge or knitting ruller to size the knitting needle can be used to measure the safety eye (this information read it on other topics of one of designer, not remember where :green_heart::sweat_smile: thank for her).

6 Likes

Yes you are right not for children, prefer to just sew them :green_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you! @Yarmihoo and @HookedByMarilyn

5 Likes

If you are buying online it should say… if you are looking for what to use for a pattern the pattern usually should say what size to use, And if you acsedently mixed your eyes together i would use a ruler if i were you are just hold them side by side :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@summerbugcrafts has a very informational blog on how to measure your safety eyes, check it out! How to Measure Safety Eyes — Summerbug Crafts

9 Likes

Really useful :+1: thanks @Minty_Mia :green_heart:

Welcome dear @SierraCrochets07 :green_heart:

7 Likes

Hi there! :relaxed: I have a tutorial on my blog at www.summerbug.ca! There’s also a quick video tutorial on my TikTok @summerbug46 :heart:

https://www.summerbug.ca/beginner-crochet-blog/measure-safety-eyes-crochet

4 Likes

Thank you! :sob: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you! It means a lot that everyone is remembering my safety eye tips! :sob: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Yes was so helful :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: thank you for sharing this tips and tricks :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::+1::ok_hand:

6 Likes

If there’s any other questions you have, feel free to ask me! Anything you’d like to see a blog on, just let me know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I actually have a little measurement device that came with a toolkit, I think. It’s supposed to be used to measure screws and such, but I use it for safety eyes that I can’t remember the size of.

3 Likes

Good idea! Probably less expensive too.

3 Likes