Hi I'm new!!

Hi I’m Tay I’m a new crocheter! I want to make and post patterns soon. I’m a pretty good crocheter. If you have tips please tell me. And I will try and help you too!!!

15 Likes

hi. cant wait to see what you have in store. I can tell you now everyone one here is very welcoming and helping. I joined about a month ago and people have helped me so much. I hope you enjoy and welcome to the Ribblr community.

9 Likes

Im happy to test if and when you makena pattern

6 Likes

HI oh great!!! So glad to have a great community of people like me!

5 Likes

OK that’s amazing! Thank you!

5 Likes

My best advice for making patterns is have an idea of what you want to make before going in and keep it simple for the first one, in my case it’s a lot of trial and error but I can’t wait to see what you make. Also if you ever need pattern testers I have way to much free time <3

5 Likes

Thank you so much I will definitely let you know if I need testers!

3 Likes

Hi Tay!
No tips in particular since I am in the exact phase as you are (thinking about opening a store), but I’d say, do your research before you decide to release patterns; either those you’ve already written or design something new from scratch. This research could be anything ranging from the kind of patterns people find most useful, simplicity and difficulty level, what your unique style is, pricing patterns, etc.

Hope this helps and will be glad to help you if you have any doubts!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
All the very best for the journey ahead!!:blue_heart::pleading_face:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

4 Likes

Hey! For making your own patterns what I did first was Basic pill-shaped cow&pig and I just guessed what to do for arms legs and ears, my advic is to just make sure you understand how to form different shapes in crochet, then maybe try adapting a pattern that you tried before, and then give making your own pattern a go! First few mightn’t be great but after that it’ll be natural to you!

4 Likes