How did you get into crochet?

Hi guys! This is my first topic! :grin:

My question is: How did you learn to crochet?

I learned through my school! Me and my bestie took the class together, and we’re both hooked!! Lol.

I’d love to know how you got into it! Thanks, and happy crocheting!!

15 Likes

my aunt taught me when i was little!

10 Likes

My moothur got me a crochet kit for christmas one year and i learned through videos and online afterwards

11 Likes

Woobles!! My parents for me two of them for Christmas and I got hooked (heh HOOKED)

9 Likes

I saw a kit actually, for a disney princess doll set and i was like, oh cool! crap idk how to do this… i figured it out but all of the body parts are inside out since at the time i didnt know to turn my amigurumi the other way… then i got a second kit and learned even more and now i crochet a ton!

quick tip for any new crocheters!: START WITH VIDEO TUTORIALS!!! I wouldnt have gotten better if i hadn’t watched the videos

6 Likes

i was really sick in january and was home for a week and was so bored i randomly decided to try learning from youtube! a few months later i am certainly hooked ha

5 Likes

my mom told me to stop buying so many stuffed animals, so i picked up crochet to make them instead lol

6 Likes

Omg same! I got it for christmas one year, and had no clue how to use it! So i just gave it to my friend instead! Lol.

5 Likes

My aunt got me a craft kit thing when I was like 9, and my grandma knew how to crochet. It was at a family function, so she was busy and couldn’t really teach me, and so I did something really really wrong, like Idek what I was doing for like a week. My mom was talking to my 4-H leader about it, and he mentioned that there was a group of old ladies that met in the same building that crocheted together. I joined them, and they taught me how to truly crochet

5 Likes

My grandma and mom taught me the absolute basics but youtube taught me amigurumi! My first ever amigurumi was a baby whale that my sister still has. It’s actually really cute too!:yellow_heart:

6 Likes

the woobles! (@craftycellist we’re twinning (if thats a word) ) anyways… my aunt knows how to crochet so for christmas she bought the whole family 4 kits (one for each of us) i did 3 of them (hehe sorry to my brother and dad) and i was going to do the last one but by then i wanted my mom to learn. then i bought yarn and started my journey :DD

8 Likes

Woobles! I have a very wonky Pierre that I luv <3

7 Likes

Same here, I didn’t see the warning in the package :pensive:

7 Likes

my granny taught me!!! she’s amazing at knitting<3

5 Likes

My cousin @BreesBees taught me the basics a couple years ago, and I’ve been learning more and improving since! I also learned knitting several years ago through lots of books

7 Likes

I think I got interested in crochet mostly from YouTube and Pinterest. And my mom used to crochet a lot so I asked her to teach me a little, but she didn’t really know how to make amigurumi, so I just looked up tons of YouTube tutorials. Now I crochet all the time! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I was bored during COVID and so I just cruised YouTube and was like “this looks fun”
next thing I knew all I wanted for Christmas was yarn!!!

7 Likes

I was sick for like 3 weeks last summer and i needed something to do, and i found a random crochet hook and some yarn in my sewing kit, so i looked up a youtube tutorial :sob: Then i was hooked (haha funny pun)

7 Likes

I taught myself :upside_down_face: I wanted my aunt to teach me but she never did, so I just decided well she won’t teach me… so I will learn and do it myself :muscle:t3:
And now I am a better crocheter than she is :wink:

7 Likes

My mum taught me when I was a kid

6 Likes