How did you learn? 🎨🧶

Ooo! A few of my cousins got some and loved making them!:blush:

3 Likes

I learned from a book from walmart to knit then found a lovely knitting group that helped bridge the gaps along with pod cast and other communities that took me in as one of their own. Crochet just happened I watched YouTube videos and boom I made a granny square then a ghost, I have been hooked since then which is like a month now​:ghost:.
Blue fuzzy yarn I see a blueberry cow or even duck

2 Likes

Cute ideas!! :grin:

2 Likes

I’m self taught and I used yt

2 Likes

My aunt gave me a craft kit that had crochet and knit in it. My aunt(not the same one) tried to teach me to knit, but it didn’t work out. I looked at the instructions on how to crochet, but it ended up being a huge knot of yarn. My 4-h instructor told me about a crochet club they had in the building. I started going to that, and learned the basic stitches-chain, sc, and dc- but then COVID hit. I then learned how to do amigurumi from YouTube.

2 Likes

I took a class at my co-op, didn’t get that into it tho and a few months ago I picked it back up by watching yt tuts! Now it’s like all I do lol

3 Likes

That’s really cool :smile:

2 Likes

I taught myself through YouTube which was a journey but it was worth it

2 Likes

It all started when I went to a craft show at my local mall. My BFF and I were there with my family just looking, (keep in mind we are only 12), and saw a crochet booth with lots of adorable crochet creatures! I instantly fell in love with a crochet duck with a frog hat and was going to buy it until I saw the price. $28. I changed my mind and decided to walk away. My best friend wanted to go back, so we did. She really wanted one of the little frogs at her booth. She was very indecisive but eventually decided to buy it. ($5) We went home, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the duck. I realized that if she could make it, maybe I could too. Once we got home I decided to learn. I dug an old crochet hook out of the basement and found the only 2 skeins of yarn we had in the house and tried to learn. I got very confused and almost gave up. Then I remembered I had a friend who knew how to crochet! (Kind of. She knew stitches and made blankets, but didn’t know the names of the stitches of how to make anything other than blankets) I called her over to teach me the basics, and my bff came too. My sister (10) joined us as well as my neighbors (10 and 8). It was a big crochet lesson! My 8 neighbor gave up quickly and so did my sister. But my other neighbor, my bff, and I kept going. My neighbor now knows the basics of crochet, but hasn’t made much. My bff has made around 15 things, and in the 3 months since I learned to crochet, I have made over 100 things!! I’m very devoted and I love crocheting. I want to thank my mom for encouraging me to keep going and not give up. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s a really cool story! :grin:

1 Like

I wanted to make a cat beanie due to their sudden rise in popularity surrounding… a creator i wont name so i asked my mom to show me how because her and my older sister both did crochet. I had tried many times before then, but never really picked it up.
Immediately i fell in love, and from there online friends taught me most arigumiri and other stotches and I’ve just kept going!
My first project that i completed was… probably a cat beanie? Its in a chunky bernat red and its my favorite child <3

1 Like

That’s awesome :smile:

1 Like

My elementary school secretary taught me to knit at an after-school activity club. So I knitted a few things, but when I got to middle school, this secretary hosted a crochet club for our community center, which i attended. At first I crocheted baskets and simple things, but now I’m here and I love amigurumis. I only recently rediscovered my love for crocheting after the club was canceled due to Corona.

1 Like