How do you keep your stuff organized

I made the horrific decision to clean my crochet area and my living room is covered in yarn, random shapes, plushies, hooks and crochet animal limbs. My yarn is knotted and I’m tired how do you keep your crochet (or knitting) tools, yarn and creations organized. I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS!

20 Likes

I couldn’t tell you (I just barely got mine under control) :joy: honestly get a yarn winder and cake your yarn and get a large bin for wips you can get a yarn winder on Amazon for around $25

8 Likes

I have 3 bins and bags. One Bin has all my plushies and crochet items. The other 2 have yarn organized in type of yarn. And I have a few small bags with yarn. It still looks terrible but not that bad. Also a bag full of plushies to be sold.

5 Likes

Here’s my suggestions. Believe me I have “done” my own suggestions!

1. Give away what I don’t like or not going to use- donate
  2. give away or donate plushies to a domestic violence shelter, homeless shelter, or for foster
    kids.
  3. Refuse to buy any more yarn until you finish your current WIPS ( So farI’ve completed about 10 WIPS this way).
  4. Put in 1 bin all your limbs, hooks, misc
  5. Put all plushie yarn in 1 bin
  6. Put all other yarn in another bin.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions. :wink:

10 Likes

My family does foster care for young kids (5-) so whenever we get a kid I like to make them something so they always remember us!

7 Likes

I already have one :sob: I’m just not a neat person

5 Likes

Get your mom or aunt or grandma to help!

GET AN OLDER WOMEN TO HELP YOU! They are very neat people! hehe

My mom is gonna help me!

7 Likes

Is that a bear with honey and a bee hat? SO CUTE! (is there a pattern I would love to make him!

7 Likes

Yeah it’s Freddy bear by stitch notes I just changed a few colors <3

4 Likes

I have a big plastic bin with a lid and I keep everything that I crochet in the bin.

6 Likes

@TayCrochetss
I was a foster teenager. Tell your family and you I’m thankful for them.

6 Likes

I definitely will I hope you had a good experience! And I hope you are doing great now!

5 Likes

I’m doing great now!! :dancer:t3:
Most of the homes were awful, but two of them were wonderful especially the last one where I emancipated out. Still keep in touch with that family.

5 Likes

I’m glad the last home worked out for you! It would be horrible to have the last few houses not work.

5 Likes

Oh goody well I love hearing that! :smiley:

5 Likes

you are all lucky you are foster i was just left in the hospital and my " parents " adopted me 3 yrs after

3 Likes

Totally recommend a yarn winder. I usually also separate my supplies where I have a small shelf of finished projects that I’m selling, a couple of shelves of yarn, and a small jar where I keep my hooks. That may sound organized but most of the time it is still kinda a mess :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

My stash is infinitesimally messy, but I manage to tame the roaring lion :lion: by compressing it all into a large cedar chest (which helps keep moths away).
My hooks and needles are always disappearing, but I try to keep them in a large box next to my stash, accompanied by those elusive tape measures :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile::joy:

As for the plushies, my shelves are so full—it feels like my room has extra insulation!

5 Likes

It was just me who said I was a foster teenager. I was in the foster care system from 14 until I emancipated out. At that time there was no way I was going back to the family of origin.

3 Likes

I would organize depending on the type of animal. For example, put all the bees together, or all the frogs together. And organize the yarn based on the color! -Bev

5 Likes