How do you use your scrap yarn?

I’ve started to crochet a lot more recently and I keep my scraps but I’m not sure how I can use some of the smaller pieces. I’m making a moss stitch blanket right now with scrap yarn and I love how it’s turning out. I’d be interested in making some smaller projects with my scraps too.

6 Likes

If you make amigurumi then you could use the small bits of yarn as stuffing :heart:

6 Likes

Depending on the size of scraps, let’s say longer than 24" , I save those for amigurumi, shorter ones for stuffing.
Longer scraps of yarn, I just used up a pile of those crocheting 5x5 squares for someone else to put into projects at the animal shelter. Those squares were usually sc or hdc to keep it dense.
That’s all the ideas I have!

7 Likes

I love that idea!

6 Likes

Use it as stuffing and if possible crochet small pieces like flowers or accessories for plushies

6 Likes

I did a scrap hot pad holder. I like to use it in the fridge under pans. I just tied them all together and left the ends hanging out. Funky looking but it does the job, and makes me smile. Edit to say cotton yarn. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Only do this with cotton yarn or a natural fiber that absorb ms heat! Acrylic yarn MELTS!!

7 Likes

Yes, but you could do the same for a pillow or …

7 Likes

I use the small bits as stuffing or give them to the birds for nesting

7 Likes

There was an article posted on here a while back that said it isn’t safe for birds to use yarn in their nests because they can get tangled!

7 Likes