How does stripe work!?

Hi guys i was thinking about how i think it would be better for me to sell some of my patterns since i work hard on them BUT then i was like “how does stripe even work and is it a scam?” “Will my bank account get hacked?!?!”
“Does it go to my e-mail then i accept it??” “HOW DOES THIS WORK!?”
So anyone that sells patterns using stripe pls help!

10 Likes

So, idk what stripe is, i just only have free patterns, but i hope u figure it out! <3

6 Likes

Stripe is the thingy that u sign up for or something to be able to sell your patterns

5 Likes

I cant sell mine so…
I really hope someone helps u tho <3

4 Likes

I know how to sign up for it and everything i guess im just too scared to do it cuz i dont wanna get hacked and i want to know more about it before i decide

4 Likes

Yeah, i would be the same if it were me
<3

4 Likes

Yeah like does it need access to your entire bank account?? @daschubba ANSWER MI QUESTIONSSSS

4 Likes

YEAH i dont want it to access my bank account
Help us @DasChubba !!

3 Likes

Hi! So, stripe is very secure, they will ask you to confirm your identity and all of that and they will ask you to provide a link to your Ribblr shop so they can check out that you are really who you say you are and are really selling what you applied for. They will link to your bank account and deposit the money directly every week, or you can do manual deposits and it will send them to your bank within a few business days.

7 Likes

Also, they can only send to your bank account they can’t take money from it, so it’s very safe :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So like it e-mails me like an e-transfer or something else

3 Likes

im just watching this conversation so i can show my mom :b

4 Likes

Do you know if it’ll work if its a teen debit card?

4 Likes

Yeah they will email you to confirm that the money is on its way to your bank account, but the transfer itself happens on the site! I believe you can set up two factor authentification and a password for transfer as well if you are worried. They ask me to confirm my password everytime I transfer. Or maybe I’m mistaken about the password for transfers. But the two factor authentification thing is definitely there. Everytime you log in, you can ask them to send a code to your mobile device or email so you can log in securely.

6 Likes

And what do you mean by them confirming my identity?
Like do i need to show it id?

4 Likes

They need the ladt 4 digits of you social security account, i know thag much :3

4 Likes

Oh

2 Likes

Yeah you will need to upload a photo of your id so they can check it. Or social security. I forget which one they asked for

4 Likes

Thank you for the help guys!

3 Likes

yeah they asked me for the social security

3 Likes