How many iterations?

I’m working on a fried egg pattern and I’m nine iterations in and still not happy with it!

Which got me thinking…

Designers: how many times do you typically have to rework a pattern before putting it out for a tester call?

• < 5
  • 5 - 10
  • 10 - 15
  • 15 - 20
  • 20+
0 voters
14 Likes

2! I write down my pattern in my notebook the first time and then I make it a second time (in a different color) to kind of test myself!:yellow_heart:

5 Likes

That’s how I normally am! Idk why this freaking egg is giving me so much troubles :sob:

5 Likes

But they all look so good :sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

Awe you’re sweet! I like most of them but not enough to say “okay, cool, I’m gonna publish this pattern and be proud of it” yk?

5 Likes

Sometimes I get it in the first try and I’m like yay :partying_face::partying_face:! But then the next time it takes a lot of frogging and tears :sob: to get how I picture it

5 Likes

Im not a designer so none lol!
but for your egg pattern, you could do a 3 in 1 pattern for three different egg types (pick your three favourites)

4 Likes

i usually get it first try!!! but if im not loving the pattern i will redo it but if i dont like it at all leave to the side!!!

4 Likes

i think their super cute!!! but mabey you should leave it for now and get back to it later!!! to give you time to chill and think. thats what i do sometimes!!!

4 Likes

That’s what I’m gonna end up doing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I ended up hurting my wrist so I’m a bit forced to at the moment :pensive:

1 Like

awww im sorry to hear that!!! when i started crocheting i sprained my wrist and so badly wanted to crochet!!!

Maybe publish all of them as a bundle? Idk

2 Likes

I’m thinkin about it!

1 Like