How to make repetitiveness more fun?

Hi!
I am making beanies for a market rn and it is really repetitive and boring. Does any of you have any tips on how to make it more fun? I have tried watcjing series and listening to audiobooks but it is getting repetitive to so does anyone have any tips?

19 Likes

Im also preparing for a market! I find doing things in different colors and listening to music helpful :DD

9 Likes

im not much help here, i love doing repetitive stuff. i have made the same balloon dog pattern 4 times back to back simply because i like it lol

7 Likes

listen to something or watch something

7 Likes

Ok thanks!

4 Likes

Oh god!

3 Likes

change locations! maybe do some at a desk, or on the sofa, or on your bed, even in the garden!

8 Likes

Ohh thats a good idea

3 Likes

Treat yourself after each one.
Do 10 sit ups. :wink: Or maybe after each you could take one away! Haha.
Enjoy the process. Switch between two different types of projects in between.

6 Likes

That is also a good idea! Thank you!

4 Likes

Do small projects in between!

5 Likes

I’m making beanies for a market in December as well! Maybe different stitches, patterns, and sizes, and colors would make it more fun. Also if you can knit or do tunisian then that’s a good way to switch it up!

3 Likes

Do like 10 stitches or a row and then do something spontaneous

3 Likes

Try to crochet as fast as you can without messing up for fun, then, switch your stitch marker color if you have one, or really anything random like that to spice things up! I also like calling a friend, it does slow me down a bit but it keeps me going for hours!
Hehe thanks for helping me out on that last one @StitchedBySophia

5 Likes

Calling a friend really DOES work! It’s not as productive but still you get stuff done while talking about stupid- I mean interesting stuff.

4 Likes

i find watching youtube really helps me. and if i need to do multiples of differnt items and im not feeling them then I swap what im making constantly
Like for instance if i need 3 turtles , 3 opossums and 3 cows and i only like making the turtles ill do

turtle, opossum, cow, opossum, turtle, cow, opossum, cow, turtle

That way i start and finish with my favs and i throw in what i like to make in the middle as well it really helps keep me going. I also usually only do this with small items. I wouldnt necessarily recommend making too many of your larger items as ive noticed anything 20$ or under sells but 25$ or over i usually only sell a few of those at each market

2 Likes