How to price your new pattern?

Hello, thank you to check my post.

Am new on pattern releasing so donā€™t know how can I put a price on my pattern that I made. Beacause I donā€™t find away to price it couldnā€™t share it with others. Hope who had there experience to help me.

Have a lovely safe day.

8 Likes

I hope I can help you.

Go to your ā€œMy Shopā€ and scroll to the pattern you want price adjusted. The gear under the pattern, on the right, has the ā€œedit priceā€ that you are looking for. Put in your price, if it is free, put 0 and select ā€œupdate priceā€.

Once you do that you need to switch the toggle from ā€œprivateā€ to ā€œpublicā€. It is located next to the ā€œgearā€ we found earlier.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly right :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks dear for your explenation. Was asking before that how you price the pattern in which way of calculation. Is there any specific criteria to follow. Or just you put any price you want.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Any price. :grin: My first sale helped me understand the fees better.

3 Likes

I struggle with this as well. I think for the most part patterns are very cheap and we should all value our work much higher. It is hard with so many free patterns out there which really devalue our products. You also need to remember both Ribblr and Stripe take a cut, so make sure you add on a bit more to take that into account. You could have a look at patterns similar to yours or in the same category to see what the typical range is.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s even hard. How do we know if they sell for that price. :frowning:

4 Likes

I follow some established pattern designers on Twitter and have seen discussions where they say a cheaper price does not always equal an increase in sales. I find a good way to kickstart sales is to give discounts on pattern launch etc. It took a 50% sale to get any sales on Ribblr (and I ended up with very little after fees), but I am hoping those who bought will upload their projects to help out the cause. Going forward I will have higher base prices and have occasional sales.

3 Likes

Indeed thats the hack you donā€™t know if will be sells or not. But really nice to have an additional fund.

2 Likes

Thats right need to try to understand better :blush:

2 Likes

Really good to try at the beginning wont get that much but it help you to know how to deal with prices and i same time get benifit too. Too cheep is really kick out your effort and time to make it. Is better to sell the finished project rather than only pattern but also not that much sell :pensive:

Thank you for sharing your experience. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good question.
I think itā€™s easier to start by following pricing of other designers with same type of product and level of complexity. You can then find your own sweet spot.

By the way, the designers I see whoā€™s patterns perform really well tend to promote it well on social media as well as a few other things:

1. Take good quality photos
  2. Get pattern testers, and ask them to start a journal & review the pattern
  3. Run sales - people who added your patterns to their wishlist will be notified
  4. Ask people to favorite your shop

Donā€™t forget that your patterns are automatically promoted by Ribblr both on the platform and on social media. For example, if someone likes something similar theyā€™re likely to see your pattern on their ā€˜Discoverā€™ section on their homepage.

These things should definitely help you get going :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply that was help to put a good plan fir the pattern at the beginning. Will try it.

Now just rise a question is there a format to follow or itvwill be provided within Ribblr.

Have a good day and be safe. :blush:

3 Likes

I struggle with this as well, Iā€™ll have some of my patterns on sale for only $1 just to try and get someone to buy it, but I still have not gotten one single sale on any of my patterns. I started out with them as free, and with my 4 patterns at the time, I had over 200 downloads, but as soon as I put them for $1, nothing. Iā€™m still very frustrated with this and Iā€™m not sure what to do. Thanks guys!

5 Likes

You can just make some free and others to be purchased may help that also can follow what ā€œSaarā€ wrote. Good luck and wish you successful in your work.

4 Likes

It sometimes takes time to stand out, so patience is key, but also I do recommend reading out my comment above and trying to follow these steps :slight_smile:

5 Likes