I’d love to see some pictures of your crochet flops! (Fails)

Sometimes things just go wrong but that’s completely okay! I feel better by just laughing it off XD Here’s a picture of my crochet flop

(Ignore my very bad attempt at covering my face)

It’s kind of hard to see how bad it is in that picture but it was supposed to be a bucket hat XD which ended up being very loose all around my head, and had no structure whatsoever! It was my first project and I wanted to use this velvet yarn but it was completely the wrong yarn for the project. I ended up unvraveling it to save the yarn which was quite painful :weary:

11 Likes

Your hat really doesn’t look that bad! I agree though, velvet yarn doesn’t have any structure which makes it hard to make hats. :pensive: here is one of mine:

I attempted to Tunisian crochet for the first time, my mittens turned out so big!! You probably can’t tell by the picture but these mitts are way too big for me! Overall, Tunisian crochet is not for me, was a good experience though :laughing:

10 Likes

Sooo I love using safety eyes I just love how they look. And this pattern called for putting the safety eyes on while you’re still crocheting just so it’s easier. Well I got my first one on in a good spot but I put this one just a little too high up. So he has a good side and a bad side.

13 Likes

Those look lovely! Big shame they turned out too big though :joy::sob:

4 Likes

Oh nooo! It’s absolutely adorable despite the eye situation :pleading_face: This made me laugh though so Thankyou for sharing! :heart:

4 Likes

Cool idea for a discussion :sweat_smile:! I actually think all your creations are really lovely, even though not as you intended them to be…

6 Likes

I love your whale!!! That’s the beauty of handmade/homemade things, it has its own flair :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thats so true!

4 Likes

The whale made me laugh!

3 Likes