I had a great, yet terrible, idea

Okay so, I want to make a functional Rubik’s cube with crochet, and, because I can’t never make my life easy, I want it to be a no sew project.
I have a Rubik’s cube at home and already disassembled it to understand what I need to do (spoiler: only 6 of the 26 pieces are simple cubes, well, almost simple cubes)
The problem is that is going to be a big project and it’s going to take a while (even before I get to testing), the good side is that I always avoid big projects by making easier projects, so even if it doesn’t work, in the worst case I will end up making the smaller projects that I’ve been procrastinating to make while I’m avoiding the big project, and I’m considering this a win :sweat_smile:

29 Likes

Over It Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

10 Likes

That’s exactly the face my bestie does when she sees me looking for problems for myself like this lol

9 Likes

It looks like an awesome idea to me! I’m a speedcuber myself and would love to have a crochet cube​:sparkles:

10 Likes

I love Rubik’s cube. Please, please, PLEASE!!! Tag me when you upload it. It doesn’t mater if it’s in 5 years. Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

P.S. I also like making my life hard.

12 Likes

wow that sounds coplicated, good luck i could never lol

7 Likes

Good luck!! I could never even work out how to start

8 Likes

interesting, I’ve seen functional crochet rubix cubes but making it a no sew is a whole other level. i hope you can do it cause I’d love to see how it works. good luck!

8 Likes

I think this is an amazing idea. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

That is such a fascinating idea! I create almost exclusively no-sew patterns, and sometimes trying to figure out how to eliminate the sewing is a puzzle in itself :grin:

4 Likes

That would be really cool! Good luck!!

4 Likes

Thats so cool! I’ve never seen a functional crochet rubix cube!!

4 Likes

i think i saw it on pinterest once, if that’s any help lol. it was super neat though

4 Likes

If you could do it that would be crazyyyy

3 Likes

Sounds like an amazing, but difficult, idea! I can’t wait to see how it goes. Will you be sharing any progress along the way?
Game Art GIF

4 Likes

I wasn’t thinking of sharing it along the way, but it’s a great idea, it’s probably going to keep me from becoming insane with this project lol
I mean, because I will be able to share any little victory while I design it, and also ask people if anyone knows how to work something, like sometimes I simply don’t know a technique exists and it could have made my life easier (has happened a couple times).

5 Likes