I’m practically blind 🥲

Ok so not really (but kind of :crazy_face:) I had my annual eye check up today, and my vision is terrible. We already knew I had bad eyesight before but it got worse by another half step it was -5.00 now it is -5.50 :smiling_face_with_tear: now they are saying I need bifocals :skull: I am 15

19 Likes

Oh dear! I’m so sorry :persevere: I have quite bad eyesight as well, and I’m around your age, so I wonder if that will happen to me :cry:

9 Likes

I hope not :sweat_smile: they are putting me in bifocals now to slow the change :relaxed: I have been consistently since 2020 been getting-.50 worse so this is to prevent my vision from getting any worse!

11 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:

8 Likes

Did they say anything about beefing up Vitamin A, C and E consumption? Avoiding saturated fats?
I’m not saying that it will reverse anything but there is research that supports its use. Preferably through green leafy vegetables. Perhaps you already eat this way.

10 Likes

Ohh I hope you will get better soon.:cry::purple_heart:

8 Likes

I was born with some condition and mines ridiculously high. I think im 7.50-7.00 (both eyes are different) :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

No they didn’t! But I am going to have to look into this! Thank you! I generally like to eat pretty healthy but I might need to supplement in some areas.

10 Likes

There isn’t really anything wrong except I just have bad eyesight. So I am not “sick” or “unwell” in this case :grin:

6 Likes

Technically, my family is not really research, but … My daughter was told her little needed glasses. But she wanted to know why instead of just treating the problem. Been 6 or 8 years and he still doesn’t need them. Turned out he had issues with gluten, not to mention sugars and other stuff. We started eating better around the same time because we were helping with the research. Win win for us.

7 Likes

Oh no. I’m so sorry and what are bifocals are they like verifocal.

6 Likes

Wow! That gluten is a pain in the $&@!

5 Likes

In the head for me … and my Jerry also I guess.
I get headaches and he used to have a dry itchy scalp.
They both stopped once we stopped eating gluten.

6 Likes

My friends told me her prescription is + 8.00 (maybe it’s negative, idk really how glasses work). It’s hilarious how big her eyes look when she wears glasses instead of contacts :rofl:

6 Likes

My husband had what you call the coke bottle glasses!

7 Likes

Luckily I don’t have those :sweat_smile: but I do have pretty thick lenses :joy:

5 Likes

If your going to take extra vitamins A and E, make sure you are only taking the recommended amounts, they are fat soluble and build up in your body fat and too much can be toxic. Vitamin C is water soluble and your body flushes out the extra you don’t use.

7 Likes

Yes I am very careful already and would only take what is recommended to me by my doctor as of now we haven’t changed anything :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I’ve been wearing bifocals since I was 11 I think it’s really not bad and you get used to it fast (plus it’s nice to actually be able to see lol)! You’ll probably start with the bifocals that have a noticeable line then you can transition to ones without lines in a year or so and nobody will ever know if it makes you self conscious

6 Likes

They said that mine won’t have a line :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes