I need a little help!

Hey y’all so I’m going to teach some girls how to crochet today and I need some tips, they are from Romania! I think we are going to start with my face srubby pattern to start off simple, would you know any really easy and super beginner friendly patterns for them?

27 Likes

start with the basics
make them practice chains and slipnots
then make them make a swaths with the most comon types of sts
you should wait a little on the mr

13 Likes

i think granny squares are easy

10 Likes

maybe a plain old square coaster with sc :3 classic!

10 Likes

My first project was an octopus and it helped me learn the basics (:

11 Likes

Same!! But I had learned how to chain and hold a hook/yarn before. Maybe just have them work a square of straight sc, bc it’s probably the easiest thing besides just plain chains

10 Likes

my sister tried grany squares as her first ever project but she quit halfway bc it was too hard. Later she managed to complete her actual first project- a stress ball!

7 Likes

Oh cool! So I shouldn’t start with granny squares?

8 Likes

that was just based off of my sisters experience. It really depends tho, do they want to make amigurumi or ther stuff?
I also think a simple square coaster would be good! or a very ssimple sc headband

7 Likes

Maybe leggy frogs? The ur e super cute and quick + no sew! Also it teaches them the basic sc as well as a bobble and chain :)) gl!

6 Likes

I learned by doing this pattern I found on ravelry for a dumpling cat. Pattern
Sure, it took me almost 2 months to finish, but it was something exciting that I was Interested in, because just saying granny square makes me feel bored. I still haven’t done a granny square to this day.

6 Likes

I think learning the basics is important, being able to practice making chains and working into them and maybe learning at least single crochet and maybe half double crochet? Once they’re comfortable with holding the yarn and doing the stitches as well as turning then I think it’d be good to move on to something simple like the scrubbies you mentioned or square coasters

One of the first things I learned to do after that was a small bee and a whale. It took me time but I think it was an excellent starting point and really helped challenge me to learn how to change yarn colors and properly work in the round as well as how to increase / decrease.

6 Likes

Yeah! Thank you I just made a pattern for the square coaster I’m going to make with them!!

5 Likes

My very first finished project was a circle coaster in sc with worsted acrylic yarn. For me personally I found it easier to work in the round at first. Turning the work was confusing and not having straight edges disheartened me.
It is super cool you are teaching them :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

My first creation was a pair of fingerless gloves! I completely failed and only made 1 glove but its a great one to teach chains, single crochets, and skips (i forgot whemat theyre actually called)! Its a pretty simple creation but it does require a ljttle sewing. If youre looking to do amigurumi a little later on, I would reccomend something like a bee or a little blob, both teach magic rings and single crochets! Blobs are no sew and can also teach bobble stitches (if you do a pattern with bobbles) I would think and bees are low sew. I hope this helps :slight_smile: <3

3 Likes

maybe a coaster or stress ball?

4 Likes

Practice using your square coaster pattern! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hehe that’s why I made it! :smiley::heart_hands:

2 Likes

Ooooh okay nice!

2 Likes