I need help asap 😓

Hello guys, I am trying to make a fluffy turning ted panda, but the head doesn’t flat like a bear head should be. Do you guys know how to fix this? I don’t know how many times already I’ve been making this. :pensive:

9 Likes

Aww the cone head. There are several tricks you can use.

1. When stuffing you can form it into a more rounded head by placing poly fill in the outside first then stuffing middle it works for some people.
  2. At the beginning try making your MC different
    Slip knot then use the tail to make a loop and sc your stitches in pull tight after round completed.
  3. Loosen tension first round
  4. Use a larger hook first couple of rounds

I’ve tried all these some didn’t work for me but the MC one esp with blanket yarn.
Hope this helps

I can certainly sympathize with you I’ve had this happen lots.

8 Likes

Your increases/decreases math is incorrect.
You could force it into the right shape with stuffing and sewing, but it’s better to correct your math now.
You should be able to read about the topic after any quick Google search.

6 Likes

What pattern are you using?

For a flat look you should be doing the same amount of increases each round but adding 1 more stitch in between each time. Ex.: R1: 6sc in MR. R2: inc in each. R3: (1sc, inc) X6 R4: (2sc, inc) X6 and so on…

Also helps to offset the increases each round.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Everyone is saying some very good tips! Going off what @Winternightmare who used a beginning of SC 6 I read if you want a more flatter top and bottom go with SC 8 in the beginning and increase just the same (it’ll be more stitches but the exact same principal gradually increasing)

5 Likes

i don’t know, but good luck with it! i’m sure it’ll turn out adorable!

4 Likes

do you sl st at the end of a round? If so, mayby your tension is too tight.

4 Likes

simple geometry
even increases makes a disc
more increases will make a ruffle
less increases makes a cone
no increases make a tube
more plain rounds between increase rounds makes a longer slope
less plain rounds between increase rounds makes a shorter slope
a pointy head is created by not making enough increases for the slope of the round you are trying to create
the math is determined by the yarn/stitch/gauge and slope you are trying to create.

6 Likes

Woman, I hate geometry and math in general!

I’m sure I’m not the only one.:wink:

4 Likes

Hi!
It either has to do with your increases, or your hook size. I’m kind of thinking it’s the latter, because I’ve definitely run into this problem and found that redoing it with a larger hook size solves the problem. So I’d try going up a hook size or two to see if that works!
Hope this helps, good luck with the pattern and can’t wait to see the end result! :tada:
:orange_heart:Nicole

3 Likes

Thank you so much you guys, it turns out that the pattern is the same but I change hook to a bigger one. Now it’s kinda looks flat as I am not stuffing it yet. Will share with you guys soon once it’s done. Love :two_hearts:

6 Likes

cute cat

3 Likes

Toddlers And Tiaras Reaction GIF

2 Likes

So glad we could help, good luck with the rest of the pattern!! :clap::partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes