I need help picking a pattern to make w my BEGINNERS crocheting brother

Heyo! So my brother has been begging me to teach him how to crochet, and and all I thought him was a slip knot, and chain- and now he want to make something. So the reson why I am posting this is to ask for some free begginer friendly patters.
Thanks if you post :smiling_face:

12 Likes

lets see a ghost would be really cute and easy to make because they are just like an oval with a little frill bottom and some arms if you want and its almost Halloween so its also festive

4 Likes

Simple octopus that’s the first thing I made when I started crocheting

4 Likes

a stress ball to show increases and decrease (including optional chaining)! :blush:

** also, knowing how to count rows to puts eyes & embroidery details!

5 Likes

With only knowing chains, you could create a cool bookmark or something that doesn’t require more stitches, but if you wanted to teach him how to do simple amigurumi stitches like single crochets, increases, and decreases a bee is really easy to do. The antennas are only chain, and the wings you could probably improvise with simple stitches!

3 Likes

How about a bee

3 Likes

We dont celebrate Halloween but Ty for your suggestion

2 Likes

oh that’s kinda sad but its your house so if you don’t then that’s fine too!

2 Likes

Nah I never really liked going out lol

2 Likes

yea sometimes its just plane annoying but other times its fun well it only is if you do it with friends and stuff

2 Likes

I think the best way to start is with a stress ball or any sphere shaped object, as it will help him learn the basic crochet stitches, some patterns I would look at are
FREE Crochet Stress Ball: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?
FREE Smileys little chick: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?
FREE Jellyfish: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?
^^^
These look kinda hard but they’re actually very simple, and they turn out really cute!

2 Likes

Have you tried looking in Ribblr?

Select magnifying glass, then this picture appears,

Then select that left side bar,
Chose crochet
AND
Beginner

Then go to sort

Sort low to high, the free ones are listed first

1 Like

Thank you! I know but I just want to hear from the people

2 Likes

A mushroom pop could work, it has increases, decreases, safety eye placement, embroidered details, BLO and FLO, and a color change. It might be a little challenging for a beginner, but with a guide right there I think it’ll be doable. :slight_smile:
(+it gives you a super cute fidget when you’re done!)

2 Likes

My turtle pattern on my shop is probably quite good for beginners along with my duck pattern however it does use a bobble stitch twice but other than that super easy

1 Like

this is perfect- im also teaching my beginner sister to crochet! she made her first pattern yesterday-it was really simple. (shes 8) the potato crochet pattern.

2 Likes

On Instagram there is a pattern for a simple chonky boi mushroom the pattern is by @ chonky.crochet!