I need help with a pattern?

I do not know if this is allowed but i need help with a pattern i am stuck on row 3.
It says to do 3 doubles in the next stitches and got that, but whats dp do i need to do 2 posts in the next 2 stitches?

4 Likes

Whatever dp stitch is as defined in the pattern, you will perform that stitch in that place but in the row below the current row. This will effectively be skipping the stitch in the current row and moving on to the next stitch.
So let’s say the dp is to triple around the front post of the stitch below.
The instructions have you dc one time in each of the next 3 stitches then on the next stitch you would go all the way down to the stitch below that and to your triple then move on to the next 3 stitches because the stitch below was the 4th stitch in place of the stitch in the current row
I hope that helped

5 Likes

Thank you, for the help

4 Likes

They really should have defined DP as a special stitch with instructions at the beginning/or notes on the pattern.
Especially if they want to make up their own notation for it.

1 Like

I assumed they did already, I think what they were confused on was the skipping a stitch part, which should have been better explained in the sitch description section. So many of those types of stitches are meant to sit in front of your work and but connect to the stitch you are skipping, but if you’ve never done it before it doesn’t look right to have that extra piece floating out there

3 Likes

Gotcha!!

1 Like