I need help!

So I learned the basics of knitting cast on knit and purl and I would like to have some free pattern recommendations I would prefer free since I don’t really know what I’m doing!

8 Likes

Also I only have 5mm knitting needles and a lot of 5mm yarn! So I can’t do anything with other needle sizes

4 Likes

i’m really new to knitting too and for my first project i’m working on a headband. i’m not sure how to link a pattern on here because i’m new here but it’s a free pattern by ribblr!

5 Likes

Oh! I saw that I try it out! Thanks!

5 Likes

I would also suggest trying out a scarf if you want to try something really simple. Just cast on like 30-35 stitches and do a basic knit stitch for a few rows or try stockinette stitch (where you knit one row, then purl the next). This could easily become a sampler if you want to change colors and do different stitches!

If you want something else that can be simple, do a knit 2, purl 2 (a basic ribbing) hat. That can be done in a rectangle and then sewn up the top and side. If you have circular needles you can try knitting in the round!

5 Likes

Ok!

5 Likes

By knit 2 purl 2 do you mean knit 2 rows or knit 2 stitches

4 Likes

I believe it means knit 2 stitches purl 2 stitches @SierraCrochets07 :blush:

6 Likes

Knit 2 stitches and then purl 2. Sorry!

6 Likes

No you’re good! I have only done the stockinette stitch so I don’t know what I am doing

5 Likes

No worries! I hope you like it in the end! Knitting is one of my favoite hobbies and rhe first one I learned.

5 Likes

I learned crochet first! I think I like crochet a little bit better.

5 Likes

Find different stitch patterns and practice them on dishcloths. The mistakes don’t matter, the dishes won’t care! :wink: Plus knitting a 5 foot long scarf will seem to take forever. :scarf:

Once you learn more and get used to holding the needles and yarn, then you can tackle harder projects. There are tons of free dishcloth patterns with different stitch patterns. :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks @Lakeviewknitter i started the heard band by @Ribblr

4 Likes

Good luck! :blush: I’ve been attempting to learn to crochet the last couple of days and all I have to say is that at least in knitting there’s only the knit and purl stitches to learn, the rest is how you manipulate them. There seem to be an endless number of crochet stitches!

6 Likes

For real :joy: I would say I’m relatively advanced now but I still don’t know some of the stitches :joy:

4 Likes

Good luck with your crochet! I would love to see a picture!

5 Likes

That’s terrifying :scream::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

The longer one was the second swatch I did yesterday.

5 Likes

Are you making a scarf?

4 Likes